Monday, September 6, 2004

What scares the hell outta me

I have shared so many things about what brings me joy that I thought it was time for equal billing, on what scares the hell outta me. I use humor in my everyday life, in everyday things and sometimes I use humor to chase away my fears.


Earthquakes scare the hell outta me.......I'm a midwest girl, I'm used to my sky rumbling but never my ground, I experienced my first earthquake in Los Angeles a few years ago, while celebrating the birthday of a new friend and enjoying a few Cosmopolitans! At first I wasn't sure if it was an earthquake or just the Martini's! lol


Politicians scare the hell outta me.....There's always a hidden agenda and its never for the good of the people.  Even the purest of intentions get ruined by the rules of the game. And in politics you have to "PLAY" the game if you want to be "IN" the game.


Religious zealots scare the hell outta me.......For in their belief they think they are the "Righteous" and the "Just" over other mankind.....when NO MAN is higher than GOD


Drunk drivers scare the hell outta me....For their total lack of regard to their own life and the lives of the innocents that happen to be traveling the same road they are. Know when to say "WHEN!"


Ships scare the hell outta me..........For some unknown reason......hmmmm maybe I wasn't one of the surviving passengers on the Titanic in another life! lol


White utility vans scare the hell outta me......Because when I was home alone at the age of 12, a man tried to break into my house and abduct me ( He knew I was home alone, he watched me, he watched the house). I had called the police (my parents drilled safety into our heads at an early age) his van was found, parked down the street, hidden in the shadows with the side door wide open for me to be thrown into. (another story- another entry someday perhaps)


Bears scare the hell outta me.........So much I can't even go there! lol One too many stories of when "Grizzly's Attack" by the campfire I suppose!


Scary movies scare the hell outta me.......some of my childhood was spent in real fear...so the thought of spending money to relive that "fear" in the pit of my stomach again for "thrills" totally escapes me! Give me comedy!


Well, I've vented for long enough today! Please feel free to share with me what scares the hell outta you! lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE A BIG FEAR OF SOMEONE TRYING TO BREAK INTO MY HOUSE AND HURTING US OR WORSE. THE WAY THE WORLD IS TODAY.......I CAN REMEMBER GROWING UP AND NEVER HAVING TO LOCK THE FRONT DOOR OF OUR HOUSE WHILE WE SLEPT. NOT NOW!
THE ONLY OTHER THING I CAN THINK OF THAT SCARES ME TO PIECES IS A SPIDER. NOT REGULAR OLD WOOD SPIDERS, BUT, SAY A BROWN RECLUSE, OR A BIG HAIRY TARANTULA. SOMETHING LIKE THAT. OR A BLACK WIDOW. YIKES!!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Loved this entry...I agree with you on alot of it..i dot have to worry about earthquakes here thank God. As for politicians they are all the same....Drunk Drivers, are my worst nightmare. see my Memorial http://hometown.aol.com/bernmilo/memorial.html
as for ships, i have no interest in boarding one...sorry to hear about the close abduiction, that is very scary...Bears lol see my newest entry on that http://journals.aol.com/bernmilo/WAYNEATOPICTURES  I wanna be one someday....
My Biggest Fear is DEATH OF ONE OF MY CHILDREN!
Great entry!

Anonymous said...

I worry more about my children than myself.  Bugs scare me...if you read my journal on that score! Really, Really bad weather - like this hurricane over my head that passed this am....normally not a chicken...Sandi

Anonymous said...

Slugs scare the hell outta me
Clowns scare the hell outta me
Walking home at night scares the hell and the chit outta me
The dark
Monkeys
and being alone with strange men