Wednesday, September 1, 2004



"Ice Capades"


This shot was taken right before daybreak following an ice storm.  The beautiful blue you see is what was left of  the night sky and the white willowy explosions are the ice that has formed on the trees branches.  It reminds me of fire works exploding in the night sky.  This picture calms me every time I view it.  It is almost "abstract" in nature. It is one of my all time favs!


I hope you find your own kind of beauty in it!          


All pictures showed in this Journal are taken by me unless otherwise noted and have copyright protection on day that they are featured.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very pretty.  I like it alot.  Don't get that much where I live in the South :)

Anonymous said...

it looks like frozen fourth of july.   very nicely done, did you shoot this yourself?
sheisnosinner

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! That's the best thing about ice storms. I always enjoy going out and looking at the trees after we have an ice storm.

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL THAT IS....
THE YEAR INDY HAD ITS BIG ICE STORM, I WAS IN FLORIDA ON THE BEACH!
I MISSED IT. EVERYONE WAS TALKING ABOUT IT TO ME, AND I DO REGRET NOT SEEING IT.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo.  I love ice covering things. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink