Wednesday, September 8, 2004

Do the Hokey Pokey......

Well, they say once you know how to ride a bike you will always know how to ride a bike right? This I found to be true, but what they don't tell you is how uncomfortable the "seat" becomes the older you get! lol! I did get the balance thing right away and the breaking without going over the handle bars.... But that seat! I can't believe how uncomfortable that seat is! lol Or is it the fact that my behind is soooo much larger than the seat now?  Hmmmmmmmm, I refuse to deal with that! lol So in the meantime, until they make a seat say..... the size of a Lazy Boy, I'm leaving bike riding in my childhood!


This brings me to the thought, "Can I still roller skate and ice skate?" I used to be very good at that as a child, I was a natural! forward....backward......bunny hop....hokey pokey........ no problem! What's stopping me you ask? The thought of me.... In a BODY CAST! And what's with these weak ankles?? I walk on them with no problem but they hurt like hell in skates!!!! Hmmmmmm maybe I should see if I can still walk in my Stiletto's? lol


Now this had me wondering about the hoola-hoop, so I try that again, I used to be able to hoola-hoop for hours! Ok, I know I can still dance, I have the best Latin rhythm a good Irish girl could possibly have! But what's with the hoola-hoop? I swing my hips this way, and that way, and the thing drops to the ground not even making one rotation!!! OMG! is this how "Stella started loosing her groove???" I shutter to think! lol


I walk, with my head hung down low, from trying to recapture a few minutes of my childhood....Oh the Shame! Well, at least I still have my computer right? Can't get hurt on the computer right? Oh Dear...... Carpal Tunnel syndrome! Silly me!...Well, at least my chair is comfy! lol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

oh i so know what you mean with bike seats...i think its just that my but got bIGGER..lol and for teh skates, oh man , not even the weak ankles but the sore feet, and the aches and pains in the calf muscles...ohhhh...another indication that we are gtting old i think. As for the hoola hoop, did u see my Bluegrass pic's...?
Not many people can do the hula hoop these days, but they sure gave it a try....I'll sen dyou some pics in mail. Another great entry!

Anonymous said...

This entry just made me smile.  Getting older bites sometimes, but I like to think that it's helped me find the artistry in getting the small gestures (the ones that I can still do) just right.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Stellas groove.
The bike seat you'll get used to after riding for a while. I shudder to think of me on skates. Skateboarding was always my thing and I've got the scars to prove it. My poor knees. hee hee

I never could hoola hoop!

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

Every woman should have a pair of stileto's they make you feel sexy on the off days.  Put them on and walk around the house like the goddess you are!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmm , well a year ago i thought i could still roller skate.. how hard can it be, i use to do it all the time..It's true your bones get brittle over the years. I went to this great skating place with the heathen,put on my skates, stood up, and started down a very small decline. Mind you my car is still in my line of sight. I went about 10 ft And fell. I broke 3 bones in my ankle,which required surgery. Even now i have pain in it everyday. But the doctors and nurses sure thought it was a hoot when i told them how i broke it...lol Hey i am still 18 at heart,but my body is telling me something else..lol

Anonymous said...

ROFL ! That is hilarious....... Oh, the visual ! I know exactly what you mean..... I was a roller queen , even into my late 20s , but after 30 , OMG...... (the ankle thing, its so true)