Saturday, September 4, 2004

One moment was all I asked

Sometimes when I am writing, I don't know where it comes from, sometimes I feel like I'm channeling somebody else's pain, it comes to me quickly so I let my fingers just glide across the keyboard not knowing what will come out.  This poem isn't written about anybody in particular but it did make me aware that maybe I needed to slow down and listen really well, sometimes people are speaking volumes even when they aren't saying a word.  Don't let someone you love and care about.................slip away

                                                                                  

One moment was all I asked


Did you know that you hurt me today?
Did you know that when you only
pretended to listen to me
that I felt small and insignificant?

That you could not just give me
one moment of your time
to really listen to me, that
I had something important to tell you
But you were too busy.

I know that sometimes life
takes people on different paths
and it takes awhile to cross again
But I thought you would always
have time for me.

Time for a smile, or a laugh
the way you used to do
when we first met
But I guess "Your life"
was just to busy for me,
an old friend, one who always
had a moment to spare for you.

Maybe I'm just lucky,
lucky that I have a moment to
spare for somebody else
or Maybe you just meant more to me
then to waste that moment on me, myself.

Maybe someday when your life
slows down, if only for a minute
you'll realize that I'm gone,
that I'm not there anymore,
But then again maybe it never
really was about me anyway


 


Copyright 2004 kmh







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This really hits home...In the past it's been my shoulder cried upon, my ears turning red from the phone pressed for so long against them....but it seems my turn never comes, gosh much too busy to talk now...call me back in a few days..it kind of makes you feel like a non-entity.    Sandi

Anonymous said...

THIS SOUNDED LIKE HOW I HAVE FELT AND STILL DO AT TIMES. ITS ALMOST AS IF I AM NOT IMPORTANT ENOUGH. NOT BY ANYONE IN PARTICULAR, BUT, STILL THE FEELING IS THERE AT TIMES.
YOU EXPRESSED AND PUT YOUR THOUGHTS DOWN IN THIS POEM TO A "T". TEH MEANING BEHIND THIS WAS EASY TO SEE. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?
JUST DONE SO WELL. I CANNOT GET MY THOUGHTS ACROSS THE WAY YOU DO. LOL!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

oh. Beautiful. Thank you.