Friday, September 3, 2004

Journaling from the waters edge

I am finding that "journaling" is pretty much like a day at the beach.
You can either choose to sit by the side and watch the other swimmers/journalers dive deep and come up for a breath of fresh air or you can watch the others who tentatively sit at the waters edge testing the water first, saying its too cold or too deep for them.


Sitting at the edge can be a scary place, If I fall in without a splash will somebody even see me, If I go in too deep and I am unable to find my way back to the surface will somebody jump in to save me. How will I feel once I'm surrounded by other swimmers/journalers, will their splashing wet my appetite for more?


Trusting and just letting go is a very hard thing to do, my words will be like a bathing suit on my body exposing areas I might not be ready to expose. I have sat on the edge long enough, its time I dove in head and heart first and realize the freedom that follows sometimes in just letting go! Sometimes I will just tread water and barely skim the surface of me and other times I will go deep and hold my breath for as long as I can before I kick with all my might  back to the surface where I feel safe.  But either way I will get wet this time!.......marco!..........polo!.........marco.......polo!.....  come find me just don't get my hair wet!! lol

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI!! YOU READ MY MIND HERE AND IT BLOWS ME AWAY. I READ YOUR ENTRY CALLED "BLAME GAME". I LEFT A COMMENT FOR YOU AND IN THAT COMMENT I SAID YOU HAD INSPIRED ME TO WRITE, SOMETIME ABOUT MY LIFE ALITTLE BIT DEEPER THAN I WOULD HAVE NORMALLY WENT INTO IN MY JOURNAL. INCLUDING LIVING WITH AN ALCOHOLIC FATHER. WELL, WHEN I WAS OPENING THE ALERT FOR THIS ENTRY, MY MIND WAS WANDERING OFF TO MY OWN THOUGHTS ABOUT  JUST HOW DEEP I SHOULD GO. THEN WHEN I SAW WHAT YOU HAD WRITTEN HERE, IT WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING ABOUT. :) WOW!!
ANOTHER ENTRY CLOSE TO MY THOUGHTS. :)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

MARCO!  POLO!  Come on in, the waters fine!

Anonymous said...

awesome entryy...i say JUST DO IT!