Thursday, September 9, 2004

Mother

Today is my Mother's 67th Birthday! And I worship the ground her shadow falls on. I wasn't the easiest child to raise, I was high spirited and had no fear and She always said every gray hair on her head was given to her by me.  And for that I am truly sorry I am also sorry she put the Mother's revenge curse on me too! lol She looked me in the eye at some point in my early life and said,"I hope you have a child just like you!" And WHAM what happened to me........I was blessed with 4 of them! lol...........So this is for My Mother.


Mom, I want to tell you how much I love, honor and respect you.  You are an amazing woman and my one wish in life is to be at least half the woman you are, so here are a few things I am so very grateful for because of you!


For always loving me even when I wasn't very lovable.


For always putting my needs ahead of yours.


For loving Daddy with all your heart.


For being able to leave Daddy because it was the best thing for your children.


For always doing the right thing.


For always talking to me even when you thought I wasn't listening, I was, I just didn't apply it to that time in my life, but I hear it all loud and clear now.


For keeping me fed, clothed and a roof over my head.


For punishing me every time I deserved it.


For saying sorry when you were wrong even when I was a child and you were an adult. That taught me sooo much!


For passing down your amazing blue eyes, for which I always get complimented on.


For giving me my Brother Michael and my Sister Kelly.


For never breaking my spirit.


For having me and giving me life for I was the proverbial "Oops baby."


And last but not least.....
For never giving up on me even though I had, your love and wisdom pulled me through it all and I survived "me"


I love you Mom.....Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful tribute to your Mom, hope she has a great birthday. Sometimes kids don't appreciate their parents until later in life...but it looks like your Mom started you on the right path early in life....great journal...Sandi

Anonymous said...

beautiful touching tribute.
~jerseygirl

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE SO FORTUNATE TO HAVE YOUR MOTHER AND ITS OBVIOUS THAT YOU REALIZE THAT TOO. :) THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE TO YOUR MOTHER.
KIM.