Saturday, April 23, 2005

Weekend Assignemnt #56 Earthy Thoughts

Weekend Assignment #56: Earthy Thoughts


 


Into The Future.......50 years from now....what do I hope for?


The earth will continue to spin, there will still be wars because everybody always wants to rule the world......super powers and super egos, but how do I want my own personal world to be? Well.......I hope to have had that 50th Wedding dance with my Husband, I hope to have been in my children's lives and the children of my children's children. I hope to have led a good life and died peacefully in my sleep or doing something that I loved doing. I hope to have left this planet in better shape than it was when I first came in it. I hope Cancer and AIDS are diseases of the past, I hope the grass still greens and the flowers still bloom in the spring........I hope the sky still casts rainbows in the summer rain, And I hope that for one minute.... someone from my lineage stops and thinks about where they came from and feels a sense of pride as I do today, from the generations that have passed before me. And my biggest hope of all is that more people will come to realize that on your dyeing day, the only thoughts that will cross your mind will be.... Did I live a good life? Did I live it the best I could? Do the people that mean the most to me, know it? And die satisfied with their answers.


 



 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Loved what you wrote!

Congrats on being a pick this week. I can see why!!

Mary Louise of Watching My Sister...Disappear

http://journals.aol.com/mlrhjeh/WatchingMySisterDisappear

Anonymous said...

WOW! YOU ARE AN AWSOME WOMAN! MUCH RESPECT TO YOU! AND I HAVE LISTENED SEVERAL TIMES TO YOUR DAUGHTER SINGING CRAZY! WHAT CAN I SAY? LOVELY!

Anonymous said...

Demand' I like your future....here's looking at you in fifty years babe....Sandi

Anonymous said...

I truly hope you reach that mark as well.  I think most good-hearted people wish for the same thing.  KJ

Anonymous said...

beautiful entry
marti