Thursday, April 7, 2005

Ain't love grand! Ü

Here is just a few of the 'discussions' that I have won at home! LOL


DH: "Why do Women think they need a lot of jewelry?"
ME: "And just how many fishing poles and hunting rifles/shot guns does one man need?"


DH: "Why do you need a bigger diamond? If I remember correctly you said your ring was "Just Perfect" when I first gave it to you?"
ME: "If I remember correctly when you bought your first boat it was "perfect" for you but then a few years later you wanted a BIGGER BETTER Boat!"


DH: "When I retire in a couple of years maybe you might want to think about going back to work."
ME: "Ummmm...... Maybe your 3rd wife!" (I'm his 2nd wife, I gave up my career in Real Estate to add to our family because he wanted more children......We already had 2 and I gave him 2 more)


DH: "What do you mean you and the girls are going on a Cruise?"
ME: "What do you mean you and the boys are going on a fall hunting trip, a winter fishing trip, AND a spring fishing trip?"


DH: "I'm going to buy a boat."
ME: "OK, I'm going to buy a swimming pool"
DH: "We aren't getting a pool!"
ME: "Then you aren't getting a boat!"
****(1 week later)****
DH: "I bought a boat!"
ME: "Good! Because I bought a pool!"


I guess you see why I have the screen name 'Demandnlilchit' now huh??? LOL......We do compromise on a lot of things......when we bought our first house together we agreed that there won't be ANY flowers (decor) in the Master Bedroom and we agreed that ONLY the family room will house his hunting trophies.


So many of our nights end with a good night kiss and a "Your lucky I love you so much" and there is always a reply, "And your lucky I love you so much too!"


I wouldn't want to be me if I didn't have him and this wonderful BIG LOVE!...... LOL LOL LOL

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good comebacks!  Compromise is key and it sounds like things balance out well with the two of you.  We here are pretty much the same.  Great entry! :)

Anonymous said...

great comebacks!  I'll have to remember them because my honey sounds alot like yours sometimes!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Great entry!
I recall winning "discussions like these. You go girl!
Laura
http://journals.aol.com/nicurnmama/adventuresinjuggling

Anonymous said...

Dickidoo:  Its a good thing you don't like jewelry
Me:  Uh?  Who said I didn't like jewelry... just because I don't have any doesn't mean I don't like it.

Anonymous said...

This sooo sounds like life at our house <LOL>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I love your come backs...I think I need to become a little more "demandn"!!!   Sandi

Anonymous said...

You are a lucky woman!  And he is avery lucky man!  You make a great pair, and from the sound of it, you've made a great daughter, too!!!!  She has a real talent.  Move over Leann Rimes, here comes.....tada!  Best wishes.  Bruce  

Anonymous said...

Really, it's the "demandn" part that probably attracted him to you in the first place. Men like a challenge. If you were too compliant, he wouldn't be interested. :)

What is it about men thinking that once they retire, we will want to go back to work? Huh?! Think again, honey. If I wanted to work, don't you think I'd have gone back WHILE you were working so we can travel or hang out or whatever ONCE we retire?! DUH...

Carol

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, these are good!  Do you know why men hate big tacky jewelry?  
Answer: because it's sooooo expensive!   Anne (Saturdays Child)