Monday, April 11, 2005

Oy Vey! Ü

Again I found today's inspiration to journal in another bloggers Journal, she wrote about the time she saw her dear neighbor sprawled out in the front yard and being the good neighbor that she is, ran to try and 'revive' him, when she flipped him over to check for a pulse first, his eyes shot wide open, then with horror ran into his house, a few minutes later.......here's the link it is VERY amusing! lol


http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings/entries/1688


Now on to my "I can't believe that just happened story!"


You already know that I refer to my husbands boat as the "Other Woman", well she's not just the other woman in my life, his friends wives have to deal with her too......they are a pack of wild fishermen.....when the call of the wild goes out, the alarm clocks are set for God awful wake up buzzes usually around 2:00 a.m. with a rendezvous time around 3:00 a.m. in my driveway. I don't know about you but I'm am usually in my deep sleep cycle by that time so I'm not aware what is going on in or around my house at that time! Now the set up.......


Phone rings.......I slap it a few times looking for the snooze button, then I finally realize it's the phone and with my "Hello" with my face still smashed into my pillow I hear my Brother-in-law say he overslept but he's on his way please tell Jim. Since I have no idea of the passing of time I think it's Jim still in his bathroom getting ready, I have no idea Jim is already outside....let's just say I have an aversion to jammies in the summertime....the house is a tri-level, the only light on is on the main floor in the kitchen which does cast a glow up to the bedrooms and down to the lower level.


So here I am in all my naked glory (holding just the phone) tapping on the Jim's bathroom door quietly, I don't want to wake up the rest of the house and he's not answering me.......tap tap tap.....nothing! That little voice in my head tells me to step away from the door and stand back by my bedroom door........door opens......light is behind my husband (so I think) and he is now in silhouette, I am lite up like a marquee (basked in the kitchen light) and Isay why didn't you answer me JIM!?!?........"Cuz I'm not Jim"


Now picture one giant leap for womankind into my bedroom where I now have to stick my head back out the door as I reach for ANYTHING to put on and say, "Can you tell Jim that Steve overslept but he is on his way to wait for him?".......... Where Ricky who has worked with my husband for over 20 years replies.."sure!"


Fast forward to my front yard........Ricky tells Jim,"Your brother in law overslept but he's on his way now, he wants us to wait for him" Where Jim replies, "How do you know that?"..............which Ricky replies......"Cuz..... your naked wife just told me upstairs!"


So now the dilemma, do I just go take my lumps and get that first awkward moment out of the way or just postpone it until I see him again, I like to get things over with fast so I go to the front door where my Husband and Ricky are standing and my husband with a smirk on his face says, "Well, what do you have to say for yourself THIS time?" The only words that pop into my head and then out of my mouth are........"Ricky seen me naked! Ricky seen me naked!" Thank goodness his wife has a great sense of humor!


It's been 7 years and I still can't live that one down! lol lol lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I'm embarrassed FOR you!!!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

Murphy's Laws my friend..will get you everytime! Funny story...darn "other woman's" fault again...wouldn't have happened except they were going out with "her"!!!! Sandi

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for that link-very funny indeed!! I loved it!

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are TOOOOOOO funny!!!

Carol

Anonymous said...

I love it! I bet they still give you a hard time over that one!
i think I will enjoy being journal friends with you!
Marti
http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings

Anonymous said...

ROFL! Only you (or maybe me) could have done that!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind