Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Oh....Me so thorny! Ü

Nothing motivates me more than being told I can't do something! Just because a girl who grew up and chooses to wear make up from time to time and high heeled shoes (Oh and let's not forget the matching handbags and ohhhh..and jewelry! lol) doesn't mean the "TOMBOY" has left the building! lol


While getting the Lake ready some of the 'GUYS' decided to widen a natural deer path, that way they can cut through the woods during hunting season and not have to go on the private property of a local farmer still left in the area....so off they go to whack a few weeds and trim a few branches and had the nerve to tell me to just sit there and look pretty!  EXCUSE ME?? WHAT???......I can get down and dirty when I still want too! And I won't loose any sleep over a broken nail...... Guess what guys???they grow back!!!


So instead of listening to me whine and shoot daggers out of my eyes at them the rest of the day......I joined in too!.....Hello! it's just like yard work isn't it.....I mean they weren't going to turn into Lumberjacks and start moving in heavy equiptment or anything!


So here I sit one week later still picking out thistle barbs from all over my body, scratched to pieces like I lost to a mutant tom cat and wondering...........What was I thinking!?!??!! lol


GRRRRRR I just love/hate a good challenge! lol lol lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!  Been there, done that and yes, I too am still picking thorns out of my side.  Careful they don't get infected!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...sometimes a challenge needs to go unanswered..especially when you risk turning into "one of the boys"....let them be macho, it's in their nature..heck THEY  compare scars as throphies of war!  Be careful with thorns, they stay under the skin and fester.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

was it fun?
Marti

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious of your journal and the pics remind me of spring coming. I live in Chicago also and I would love to hear your daughter sing live. I know in the music business it's so easy to grow up before your eyes. Isn't life crazy! TropicalWinds 50