Thursday, April 28, 2005

Journal Jar

New Journal Entry
A new entry has been posted to the Journal:
The Journal Jar
question 42 ~ getting together w/family
Author: promiseluv372
Family reunions


 


Oh you went there!!!!!  LOL..... Now you all know how much I love my Husband...... but it's his family reunion on is Mothers side that I am going to journal about. My Husband and his Father were born and raised in the Chicago land area. His Mother and her family are from a state (which will stay nameless) from the South. Now I love the South don't get me wrong, but we all have passed through many towns North and South that just leave us scratching our heads....... This is one of those areas.


My first family reunion on his side of the family, was just days after we married, up until this time I had only met his Mother.... none of her many relatives. Lets talk about Uncle Earl shall we?? I was only in the hall they rent for the reunions a few minutes when this very small man, probably about 100 years old man with oh, lets call them formations on his face, latches with both hands on to my breasts!!!!!! Now I am temporarily stunned and thinking how can I get this man to remove his hands from 'the girls' without knocking him on his rear end? Now after a moment of him standing there, grining a toothless grin at me then says, "You must be new in town, I've dated all the pretty girls and I've not seen you yet!" As he tries to plant one on me.


Now enter my Darling Husband who comes rushing up to still a stunned and silent me and removes Uncle Earls hands from the 'girls' and whispers to me, "Ughhh, I forgot to tell you about Uncle Earl!" I'm thinking Oh Yes you did! And I'm thinking I want to go home right now and he says something about senilty..... so I let it go... but now I am on guard! lol


After that experience and with me meeting about 200 other relatives a million times removed (I'm sure!) everyone was a blur or so I thought! Now fast forward to around the time of twilight......Jim wants to take me for a drive and show me all the secret places he spent his summers as a small boy. I am sitting quietly while we drive through some really beautiful places when I spot way off in a distant field a man standing in a most unusualstance in the middle of this field, just gazing off somewhere into the vast sky.......I think I recognize him as someone I met earlier that day at the reunion.....I say," Hey..isn't that one of your relatives and he said, "I think that is my cousins husband.. Dave." We both sit quietly for a second and I lean over and whisper, "Is he waiting for his Mother Ship or what?"  I then bust out into a fit of the giggles....he just glares at me and then laughs right along with me.


I have so many more of these reunion stories .....but I'll save those for another time! lol lol lol

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hilarious...isn't meeting long lost relatives fun?   SAndi

Anonymous said...

omg!!
i thought tom's uncle Bunk was weird 'cause when i first met him, he stuck a big diaper box over my head & picked me up, turned me upside down & shook me! Your Uncle Earl has him beaten by a mile!
Marti

Anonymous said...

I am smiling at this entry; because I am guessing these people are from Louisiana where there is so much drinking going on...people like this masher are referred to as arriving....."a bottle too late!"  courtenaymphelan

Anonymous said...

You're so funny.  What a priceless moment! :)
~ Promise