Sunday, April 17, 2005

Jalopy.....Days gone by

jalopy.jpg


 


Another casualty of time and elements......... While trespassing (yet again) on another old farmstead that sold out first to the cell phone companies by leasing a small portion of the homestead out for cell phone towers (very lucrative from what I hear) and then to land developers I found an old lean to and hidden behind it was this beautiful old Jalopy. I'm not sure of the make, model or year but you can almost bring it back in all its finery in your minds eye.


Images of Bonnie and Clyde immediately jumped into my head and of course Chicago's very own Al Capone. The neighborhood where I spent the majority of my youth used to be swamp land at some point right outside of Chicago's city limits where one of many hide outs belonging to Al Capone used to stand. I also found out recently while talking to a friends Mother, Al Capone used to stop at her Mother-in-laws house from time to time for a home cooked meal. Now if that kitchen table could talk or even this old jalopy I wonder what stories if could tell. (after thought)


I thought it would be neat to also show this jalopy in a black and white image of days gone by so here it is.....


                     bnwjalopy.jpg


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great pic...we should all write a story about it...you could have a contest!
Marti

Anonymous said...

OMG, I love it!! The days of Bonnie and Clyde....years ago, I named my cats after them - since both were boys, they were named "Barney and Clyde."

Gotta love that era!

Carol