Friday, April 8, 2005

2nd Wives Club

The phone call no Wife Number 2 wants to get.......lol..........true story


As most of you know already I am wife number 2, let's just say he made a much better decision marrying me than he did her......but without her there would be no Melissa and I would miss her in our lives.


Their marriage ended and ended badly, because she wanted out, they both agreed that they wed to young and both contributed to its demise. I came into his life forever 10 months after she filed for divorce......I was not the culprit but she tends to let others think that way.......The thing is she wanted back in when I came into the picture.......some truth to that old saying....... You only want what you can't have (back) or you don't know what you've got till it's gone.


We dated over four years before getting married, she was not thrilled about us getting married because as long as he was un-married he was still fair game......or though she thought. She literally lost it the day we married.....but then again I know what it's like to love this man dearly so I would of lost it too!


She called us a year later to tell us she was moving in with a man and was getting married.........we were genuinely happy for her....if she could be happy then she would let us be happy. She finally wed became pregnant but with it being a difficult pregnancy we bonded.....that's what mothers do........ we loved the same man... we loved the same child they produced.


Then the phone call........
1st wife: You know I still love him don't you?
2nd wife: Yes...I know....he's a easy person to love
1st wife: I'll always love him
2nd wife: I know that too
1st wife: You know if you ever tell my new husband about this I'll deny it!
2nd wife : Kinda figured that out........what is it you really want to say to me?
1st wife: (Through a burst of tears now) I now know the divorce was all my fault, I still love him so much and if I could just spend sometime with  him, you know make it up to him..both him and our daughter?....silence
2nd wife: Spend some time with him?? whatta you think this is? a flippin time share?...you get him, I get him you get him back again? Look we are happy, we want you to be happy, your married now and having your husbands baby........it's time you get on with your life and  let us get on with ours........just let it go........Can you spend some time with him?.....let me ask.........Ummm he says NO!


I keep him in line by regularly threatening to invite her over for dinner, he won't even speak to her(if you only knew what she put him through, us through, their daughter through.. you would understand).....I feel like she's my ex wife but then again I'm the peacemaker.........I'm the adult who was once the child of a divorced family........I wanted Melissa to have strong bonds with both sets of her parents, I achieved that.... Melissa is now 22 and afer all we will be sharing grandbabies someday and scary to say.......I'm gonna be the normal one?? heaven help that child! lol It will be like Crazy Grandma?..... no the Crazier one! lol and if that grandbaby is half as smart as it's mother it will know exactly who we are talking about! lol lol lol


The only time I take a back seat to anything in live is for our children, otherwise I pretty much move outta my way! Coming through! lol Ü

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the heck was she thinking?!  Was she drinking?!  LOL  

Anonymous said...

DID YOU TELL HER YOU WERE BORN AT NIGHT, BUT NOT LAST NIGHT???!! HOW STUPID DID SHE THINK YOU WERE? OR IS SHE JUST THAT STUPID HERSELF?
ALL I CAN SAY IS, GOD KNEW JIM AND MELISSA NEEDED YOU.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I compleatly understand exept my husband at the time was the one still in love.
I was his secound wife and he was engaged right before me.
I never meet her ,but he talked about her all the time.
When I left he went straight to her ,she moved in the next day.
(I was 2 months pregnant at the time.)
They were married a month after our divorce was finnal.
2 years later they split.she moved to cali. he looked me up at first I told him to go to h... he finnally convinced me that he wanted to see his daughter (wich of he didnt know her name)
later he convenced me to move back in.Now I was dealing with his ex wife and his wife.err he told me he would divorce her if I marrie im .
Yea right im not that stupid.
as I was packing he was in cali moving her back.
we have never got along scence but me and his wife and ex wife had a good relationship for awhile.
good luck with her.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

That is unbelievable:::shaking head...

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! I am a second wife too...now divorced and my ex remarried about a year ago...she is lucky number 3!!! ::snicker:: ::giggle::