Friday, April 15, 2005

Circle of Life

 


The Boys Club........it is my favorite thing to observe in the whole wide world! At times I am jealous that I am not a card carrying member, but then again there are only 2 members and I am their biggest fan!


My Husband is the only son of an only son and was a very cherished son at that. His Grandfather and Father were his idols growing up, they did everything together. My Husband could do no wrong in his Grandfathers eyes, but then again most grandparents over look quite a few wrongs, that's their job....they just adore!


My husband was besides himself the day I presented him with his son, I could see all the things he saw in his heart and mind that day.......baseball games in the yard, fishing trips, Monday night football side by side...all of it! My Son was my son until he turned 4 years of age.....after that he became my Husbands Son......I am the proud (very) bystander now. I can't even begin to tell you the emotion that washes over me when I see them doing things side by side together, it makes my heart swell! Even the littlest things like raking leaves or tossing the ball back and forth. It's really a beautiful thing to watch.


Everything my husband loves in life has becomes my Sons life too......they fish together, my husband has bought my Son his first bow and they practice every weekend, other weekends are spent watching football games, nascar races or fishing at the lake, swaping fish stories or tackle it doesn't matter as long as they are together.....where one goes so does the other, only recently with the notice of 'Girls" now is my Son loosing interest in hanging with Dad, and of course Dad is devasted but he remembers when he too drifted away from his Father for the attention of a girl...... The circle of life so they say.


Well, even if I am not a member of the "Boys Club" at least I can reap the benefit of seeing the mutual bonds of love and trust between its only two members.


This is my most cherished picture of the two together....taken when my son was just 2 years old and just hanging out with Dad!  Ü


 


boysclub.jpg

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what cuties! BOTH of 'em...LOL.

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

What a darlin picture!  Guess you couldn't expect anything else but, with subjects like those two :)

Anonymous said...

That's cute...I have one of hubby & son laying at opposites in a hammock - it's just such a natural picture...great memories...Sandi

Anonymous said...

awwww i see why u r so proud

Anonymous said...

They are too cute!!  It's great to know that they have a great bond and enjoy each other so much.  
Michele   http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

Anonymous said...

i love that pic!
they never really go too far away when you spend time with them like that when they are little
marti

Anonymous said...

That is such a precious picture.  My husband had a very strong bond with my oldest boy Gabe, but when Gabe got arrested for a stupid bb gun antic while Steve was in Korea the bond was broken.  It took Gabe joining the Army 5 years later before they were able to get back on the old footing.  My husband has not made an effort to bond with the other two boys, how sad when he has so much he can teach these two guys who adore him.