Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Isn't that ironic?

Oh the irony of it all...........


While out running errands the other day, I am following behind a SUV with with at least 10 pink ribbon car magnets supporting find the cure for breast cancer, as I am waiting for this woman to realize the light has turned green and wondering if maybe she is waiting for a specific shade of green, she rolls down her window and flicks what is left of her cigarette out the window.......I'm thinking Pink Ribbons (kudos), but cigarette butts?? and she litters??? tsk tsk!


Well meaning people who have no children of their own, who love to give advice on how to raise baby........."I wouldn't let my kid get away with that!" Where with 4 kids I tend to choose my battles wisely....my response is always, "What kids? You don't have any kids remember?? It usually puts an end to their constructive critisism. Raising kids isn't easy just ask any parent or step parent and you can never apply all things to each child, every child is different and you have to take that into account at all times.


I am so bad about not bringing my cameras with me at all times and last weekend while out at the lake I missed the perfect irony shot.......the duck blind covered with real ducks, in and around it, they had it completly surrounded.......now they were either thumbing their 'bills' at the grand master puba who built it or it was a really good duck blind! lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy...raising kids!!  They are so different, each of them.  So, the same thing that worked for one ends up not even coming close for the next one.  LOL  The one person who loves to tell me how to raise my kids...is my MIL.  I guess she's done it before.  LOL  :)
Michele  
http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

Anonymous said...

i am so with you on this...before I had kids, i was a child-rearing expert,now i am just cruising along! Have you noticed, people who have kids never say things like that?
We were in the teachers lounge one day & a woman was talking about a child, "if he had any training at home, he wouldn't do that ', she opined. "Please don't say that",I whined,"because I know that mine is up at BC Rains High School right this minute doing something she isn't supposed to & God knows I tried!"
Marti