Saturday, November 20, 2004

True Companion

One of my favorite songs by Marc Cohn is called "True Companion" and it's about finding the "Right One" and pledging to spend the rest of your life with that person. Marc Cohn is best known for his "Walking in Memphis" song..... but this song is by far his best!

Baby I've been searching like everybody else
Can't say nothing different about myself
Sometimes I'm an angel
and sometimes I'm cruel
and when it comes to love
I'm  just another fool
Yes I'll climb a mountain
I'm gonna swim the sea
There ain't no act of God girl
could keep you safe from me

My arms are reaching out
Out across this canyon
I'm asking you to be my true companion
true companion
true companion

So don't you dare and try to walk away
I've got my heart set on our wedding day
I've got this vision of a girl in white
made my decision that it's you allright
and when I take your hand
I'll watch my heart set sail
I'll take my trembling fingers
and I'll lift your veil
Then I'll take you home and with wild abandon
Make love to you just like a true companion
you are my true companion
I got a true companion
true companion

When the years have done
irreparable harm
I can see us walking slowly arm in arm
Just like that couple on the corner do
'Cause girl I'll always be in love with you
And when I look in your eyes
I'll still see that spark
Until the shadows fall
Until the room grows dark
Then when I leave this earth
I'll be with the angels standin'
I'll be out there waiting
for my true companion
true companion
true companion


 


(sniffle sniffle)