Friday, November 12, 2004

To Dance With You at 82

I normally occupy a great deal of my husbands thoughts, I like knowing that. The only time I take a back seat and I'm ok with that too, is when he's in his element. When he's fishing or hunting.

I love to sit and watch him when he's doing something that he really enjoys. It's like I get a glimpse into his other world. I don't think I'll ever get bored gazing at my Husband. Watching my Husband interact with our Son is one of my favorite pastimes, it's the only time I don't mind not being a member of the "No Girls Allowed" club. My Husband is my sons' best friend. Oh.... How just watching them together just warms my heart! I don't mind sharing one with the other.



My greatest wish in life, is to dance with my Husband on our 50th wedding anniversary, I am in such awe of the couples that spend a life time together. I will be 77 on that day and he will be 82 and I hope that is the one wish granted to me. In today's society there seems to be so much infidelity in a marriage and maybe it's because of my own Father's many indiscretions, that is the one thing I know I will never do, for to loose the way my Husband looks at me......... would be like a life........... without sunshine.


(photo taken on trip up to Northern Wisconsin, three of our four children can be seen in the back ground on the pier.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! I have pictures of my grandparents 50th. It is so cool. Gives me faith that some couples DO stay together! And that's something in todays society. Wishing you luck AND that special dance!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about seeing your husband and your son together.  I have two boys and my favorite thing in this entire world to sit and watch is him holding the boys while he watches TV or just plays with them.  I love to just sit and watch.  
Cindy

Anonymous said...

YOU KNOW KIM........I HAVE NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT YOU WILL GET THAT DANCE.:)
OUR JIMS EVEN RESEMBLE ONE ANOTHER. IN THIS PICTURE HE HAS ON THE SAME JEANS AND TANK SHIRTS THAT MY JIM WEARS ALL THE TIME IN THE SUMMER. LOL! I ALWAYS WONDER WHAT HE WOULD DO IF I GOT RID OF HIS BELOVED TANK TOPS. LOL!
I AM WITH YOU ON HAVING YOUR HUSBAND NOT LOOK AT YOU IN THE SAME WAY IF YOU CHEATED. TO ME,  THAT WOULD JUST BE THE END OF IT , EVEN IF THE MARRIAGE DID SURVIVE OR WE COULD MAKE IT WERE I TO EVER CHEAT, THINGS JUST WOULDNT BE THE SAME BECAUSE OF THE CHANGE OF THE LOOK IN JIMS EYES FOR ME.
YOU WORDED THAT WAY BETTER THOUGH, LOL!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I hope with all my heart you get to dance with your husband on your 50th anniversary. It is something I will never get to do with my husband, but that is life. Paula