Saturday, November 6, 2004

Love....the series part 7

For those that have just found this series you can start at the very beginning http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/LifeasIliveit/entries/398/


We left the morning after Christmas, quietly exiting before any one else had awaken. It was a long drive from New York to Florida and we took turns while we drove straight through.

I had never seen the ocean before or palm trees for that matter and I was totally in love with Daytona Beach, beach side. Danny had pre-rented a condo down there but we decided to spend our first night in Daytona sleeping at the beach (as long as the beach patrol didn't come along) lol. We built a big bonfire and met some other hopeful beach dwellers from Texas and settled down for the night, it was so peaceful falling asleep and awakening to the sound of the surf.

The next day we found the condo without any problems, but my poor puppy wasn't handling the sand fleas to well, he basically whined most of the night so I knew he would need a flea dip immediately. While Danny unloaded our belongings I found the closest dog groomer and stocked up on flea repellents. I wasn't prepared for the amount of bugs down in Florida! They have what I refer to as flying armored tanks, palmetto bugs! they were everywhere and when they flew into you, you felt it!

We spent the winter exploring Daytona and other parts of Florida, Danny had taken me to this place called Juniper Springs, it was a natural hot springs park, where you could float around while being pampered by thousands of hot bubbles gently massaged your body, I loved it! Danny raced a lot of motor cross races and was good enough to turn professional, but it was more of a hobby to him then anything, I never knew I would inhale so many fumes and eat so much dirt like I did at weekends at the tracks. We went to Disney World in Orlando and I also experienced my first NASCAR race, The Daytona 500...I was bored out of my mind! It was nice to have a few months to do nothing but lay around the beach with Danny, I loved the boardwalk at night and the Ferris Wheel that would take you up over the ocean, it was soooo beautiful at night.

Danny decided it would be best if we returned to New York before Bike Week and Spring Break, so we left the beaches of Daytona for the drive back up north the first week of March. He decided to stay put in New York for a while and bought us a small house near his family. He drove into Newark New Jersey everyday because his company had won the bid to put in the cable equipment there.

By May I was so homesick Danny sent me back home for a month. I am a Momma's girl, I can't help it! The first time I got sick, poor Danny didn't know what to do for me, I whined and complained and whined some more and he tried to comfort me, but when I'm sick I still want my Momma. Who else knows to get me ginger ale when I'm not feeling good, he brought me 7up! Poor Danny.....he probably was more than happy to send me home for a month! lol

I was sooooo happy to see the Sears Tower when my plane came into view of Chicago. My friends had met me at Midway Air Port with my 5 suitcases....did I mention I'm the over pack queen??? lol
I was only staying for a month and I still had my old bedroom full of my clothes and things that I had left behind when I flew out of Chicago. My Mother and I both cried when I walked in the front door. I ended up staying 2 month in Chicago............Danny was not pleased!

c...o...n...t...i...n...u...e...d ............lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg this is killing me.... how many chapters will there be? maybe I should come back in a week and read it all- rofl! I am loving this story! ~ Sooz

Anonymous said...

What an adventure this is so far.... WHY DID YOU STAY 2 MONTHS ????
I have to read more! LOL
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

I love Florida... And Daytona is great, but Orlando is my favorite place. I lived in and around there for almost 10 years before I went on the road. Yeppers about the bugs though... and since it never freezes here, they never die out <sigh>. I was sooo happy when my boyfriend got the job offer in Tampa, I was so afraid we would end up living near his family in Texas. Not that I have anything against TX, I just like FL (even WITH the Hurricaines <g>)

Anonymous said...

YOU..ARE...TAP...DANCING...ON...MY...LAST....NERVE....LOL!..
I GET HOMESICK EASILY TOO. WHEN I WOULD HEAR MY DADS VOICE , IT DIDNT MATTER WHERE I WAS, I HAD TO GET HOME. LOL!
THIS IS A GREAT STORY.
BE BACK....(UGH)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

JUST HANGIN OUT TIL YOU POST ANOTHER PART TO THIS......
KIM.