Tuesday, November 2, 2004

Everything brought me to you

I have written many times about My True Love, My Husband Jim and how I felt that every other love in my life has taken my hand for that particular time in my life to bring me forth to meet my truest love. I thought it might be nice to write about other great and not so great loves in my life. I'll skip the Puppy Love my first love Sammy L. Which by the way said he would call me, write me and visit me on his bike every chance he could when I moved away, he did neither and broke my heart when I was just 10! lol (Do I sound a lil bitter still???LOL) And I already wrote about my High School Sweetheart Vito P.  His mother was the one who would chase me around with Holy Water. ( Good thing that didn't give me a complex either! lol)

I think growing up "I was the girl your Mother always warned you about!" (No shame in admitting that though.....really no shame! lol)
It's not that I was fast or loose I was just wild and maybe that little glint just slightly hidden in my eyes, which my Son has inherited let them see something in me that spelled trouble!" lol You know what I'm talking about, you've seen it in someone yourself! lol I was the girl everyone's parents were glad to meet, but didn't want for a daughter! they admired my spark and I was often told don't change a thing! lol

During a break up with Vito after my Sophomore year(summer time) I started dating a bad boy, he was the lead guitar in a rock and roll basement band, I had just lost my father and I was about to loose myself and my virginity. This is when I went from just a pot smoking kid to one who was up for anything. I quickly numbed myself with drugs and alcohol and forgot briefly about Vito, who should have been, by all rights have been my first lover.

Joey. H was a bad boy, he lived in a not so nice house in the not so nice part of town, he had one brother who was trying to get away from it all, one brother who was in Jail, a sister who didn't speak to either parent anymore and then there was Joey the only child still living at home. His Mother was purely wicked! She hated me at the get go, and only tried to hide it when Joey was around, But hey I'm a loud Irish girl who let her get away with nothing! Just to spite her we got engaged, I was 16 he was 17 (sound of music piped in lol) My Poor Mother! Here is her baby, engaged to a rock and roll guitar player completely out of control and she didn't even know that half of it.

The relationship ended quickly and badly with a scare of a false pregnancy test, a positive drug test and his Mother calling and threatening to come over and cut that ring off my *&%$&%^$& finger, little did she know I got my Moxy from my Mother who had just happened to pick up the other extension while this woman was spewing her threats and my mother said, "Go ahead and try it!" His Mother quickly hung up on me and I never heard from her again.

I started seeing Vito again who was none to pleased about my brief engagement and Joey was forgotten for the rest of the summer, when I did finally see Joey the following year in school, I tried to give him back the ring and he told me to keep it, he didn't want to be reminded of what he lost.....who knows maybe that one "line" made it into a rock and roll love song and he's rich and famous by now, because of that one broken heart, and a broken but brief engagement he suffered along time ago.

You've met Sammy, Vito and now Joey.........visit tomorrow and you'll meet Danny.......like I said my Poor Mother! lol And God and his infinite wisdom and great sense of humor gave me 3, count em, 3 daughters.......oh vey! lol.........Karma please be gentle with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never had the courage to write my past down in words.  I'm still in denial.  I'm afraid I might not like what I was that brought me to who I am now.  One day.... one day I will.  But not yet.

Anonymous said...

KIM!!........YOU JUST FREAKED ME OUT WITH THIS ENTRY, THE HAIR ON MY ARMS STOOD STRAIGHT UP. YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW MUCH WE HAVE IN COMMON, WELL.........HERES ANOTHER ONE TO ADD TO YOUR LIST. I HAD A JOEY TOO, LONG HAIRED ROCK AND ROLLER. OMG.......AND GUESS WHAT ELSE, A DANNY TOO, SO TOMORROW I DONT KNOW WHAT MY COMMENTS GONNA BE BUT I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL I READ WHAT YOUR DANNY WAS LIKE, LOL!!
AND YES, MY POOR MOM TOO!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

ah yes..... I was more than a bit wild, and to see that from parental eyes gives a whole new perspective. I bet you have raised wonderful children. judi

Anonymous said...

h