Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Another babydoll??

Notice the "Dollies" tucked away safely in mine and my sisters arms?I'm the one on the right. This was yet another Christmas morning, just another place....Del Rio Texas....That we were given dolls at Christmas. You think our parents wanted grandkids or what? Talk about pre-dispositioning a child's mind. I wonder what would have happened if I was given a hammer every Christmas, scratch that, I just would have hit my siblings with it! But what about a train, or a baseball and glove?.....Alls I know is...that when it was time for me to be a Mother, I already knew what to do.

I wonder if I would have be ecstatic as a small child to receive a "teenager doll" you know the kind.....the mouthy, sometimes know everything, sometimes disrespectful kind. Would I have gone into that labor room with such a smile on my face? Or would I have gone in requesting the "White Jacket" treatment instead? LOL

As of right now I'm in the in-between stages of my 2 sets of kids, the older ones 21 and 18 are too busy with their lives right now to give me any grief, although I do catch a sighting of them once in a while......trace evidence....water splatter in the shower, a half can of soda, fresh tire tracks in the driveway, that sort of thing. My younger 2 have just hit the ages where the "dark side begins" 12 and 13! Again just traces of evidence leading up to this conclusion too. Dead cordless phones, a look that would like to imply more than what they said, that constant clicking of the tongue and roll of the eyes, I can see it about to begin.......it's the twitch before the roll! lol

I survived the 2 older ones with just a few scratches, a few bad grades in High School, experimentation with pot and underage drinking, both tried smoking and much to my dismay both like it and won't even discuss quitting, a few taking the parents cars without permission and sex after the age of 18. I have been blessed, things could have be worse......way.....worse......they could have been more like me!

Now I just look at my younger 2 and wonder........what are you
going to do to Mommy! But I'm ready......I'm sooooooo ready! lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT DO THEY THINK THEY ARE GOING TO DO, THAT WE HAVENT ALREADY DONE? LOL!! IT KILLS ME WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING AND THINK, AH! MOM WONT KNOW, SHE NEVER DID THIS I BET!! WHATEVER!! LOL!
IF THEY ONLY KNEW,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOL!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is brought a chuckle to my day, thanks!  I loved Dollies for Christmas when I was little and undoubtably always got a couple each year.

Anonymous said...

Good luck. You have spent time in the trenches and they won't know what hit them. :):) judi

Anonymous said...

Hey, Look at it this way, you've already Been There/Done That with most things they are going to try. It won't be easy to pull the wool over your eyes! Not that they won't try!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

All I'm saying is, Good Luck! I don't wanna jinx myself since Cameron recently turned 14! heh heh