Thursday, November 4, 2004

A Continuation

Danny is just what I needed at that time in my life, he didn't use drugs and he only occasionally drank beer. He was more into getting his sub contracting business off the ground for cable television, this was around the time cable TV became huge. His other passion was motor cross bikes he competed regularly.


Russell and I became just friends, he accepted that role in my life because he knew there wasn't anything else to do, he saw how I felt about Danny, he knew I was falling in love with Danny and there wasn't anything he or I could do to stop that from happening.


July, August, September and October came and went by so fast
and Danny and I were inseparable. I even began going to work with him driving the bucket truck he used to attach the equipment he built for the telephone poles. A few times, I almost decapitated him by forgetting to lower the bucket before driving off to the next pole. Oops!


November grew cold in Chicago and Danny started talking about having to leave soon, he hated winter and he already knew Chicago winters were brutal. We had become lovers and best friends and I didn't know how this was going to end. He was going back home to New York for the Thanksgiving holidays and stay until the Christmas holiday was over then he was planning on spending the rest of the winter on the beaches of Daytona. We talked about me coming to see him while he was in Daytona. I think I heard my heart breaking at that moment. How could I be away from him that long, 6 weeks seemed like an eternity to an 18 year old woman child, he sensed my heartbreak and bought me a cocker spaniel puppy to remind me of him and keep me from being so lonely after he left. The puppy was mostly black with a few blonde markings, so I named him Ebony.


The day Danny left for New York was filled with words of love, kisses through tears, and just about the longest good bye in history. He had a long drive ahead of him and I wasn't making it any easier to leave me. When he finally pulled out of the driveway I was breaking into a million pieces along with my heart.


He has promised to call me as soon as he got back to his Father's house in upstate New York. I cried on and off the rest of the afternoon, (again my poor Mother) I couldn't eat and when I finally was exhausted from crying all day I went to sleep with the phone next to my pillow so I wouldn't miss his phone call in the middle of the night.


I must have cried sometime in the night in my sleep because when the phone finally rang, my face and pillow was still damp with tears. There was a long silence on the other end of the phone and then finally I heard him say,"Good Morning Sunshine!" That's when I lost it, I started sobbing again, both of us were telling each other how much we missed each other already and how much we loved one another. I then said," How could you leave me for so long?" which he promptly said, "I can't" I said but you "Did" and then my world stopped for a minute when he said, "Pack up your things and go to Midway Airport, there is a ticket for you to join me here in New York, I need you here with me."


I was packed in less than an hour........now how was I going to tell my Mother that her baby girl at 18 is not only moving out but moving to the east coast!.............continued tomorrow   Ü

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! Tomorrow??  I can't wait that long! LOL

Have a great day!
~~Kath~~
http://journals.aol.com/dklars/SecretGarden

Anonymous said...

OMG Not again! Get typing girl! ~ Sooz

Anonymous said...

omg - your leaving us hanging !!!! what happened ? did you go? did your mother stop you?? LOL
Ellen

Anonymous said...

KIM!!! I KNOW YOU DIDNT JUST DO THIS TO ME!!  I AM EMAILING YOU! LOL!!
OMG, I HAVE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT THIS CONTINUED STUFF GIRL.....
I WILL BE AT THIS PUTER AT SIX IN THE MORNING WAITING FOR THE OTHER PART OF THIS ENTRY. LOL!!
OHH,,,,
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Why aren't you typing girl??? these continues are killers <LOL>