Wednesday, November 3, 2004

A Continuation

I left off yesterday after introducing Joey H. and his psychotic Mother who at 16 I thought I wanted to be married too! Silly Silly me! I then came to my senses and went back to dating my High School sweetheart Vito on and off until graduation. I promised yesterday I would tell you about another important love in my life and his name is Danny K.

It was the summer after I finished High School and the same summer that I saw my now Husband Jim and fell in love at first sight. But as I mentioned in an earlier entry (way earlier) that this was not our time to be (gotta love destiny!), for at the time I saw him I was also informed he was married, I for one...don't mess with married men because of my Father's own infidelities and Jim wasn't the kind of man to cheat on his wife. I still swore to my best friend at the time, "I'm going to marry that man someday!" But I definitely was not going to be the one who broke up the marriage....It eventually self destructed on its own later.........Now on to meeting Danny.

I was at a keg party in the town I went to High School, I had just chopped of all my hair and was sporting a new, very short version of the old shag haircut.........Hey it was 1981! lol.....picture a Rod Stewart kinda hair do.... that will help! lol

I originally went to this party to get to know another man a little better that I had been introduced to a few days earlier.  Russell and I were talking, he was a nice guy but the sparks weren't flying on my part. My girlfriend who had introduced me to Russell had interrupted our conversation and I excused myself and went with her. She was all excited about 3 very "really cute" men in the kitchen, no here is were I spill a secret of the "Secret Girls Club" When ever we want to get someone's attention we make up an excuse to parade past them, one reason is to get a better look ourselves and the other reason is to give them a better look at us! lol...........Do you remember doing that too?? lol We pulled the "2 girls in the bathroom trick" since we had to go through the kitchen to get there! lol lol lol..........so many tricks of the trade! lol

Walking on our way to the kitchen I got to look at them, on the way out of the kitchen I got to see who was looking at me! (another trade secret.......pay attention boys!) On my way out of the kitchen Danny's eyes and mine locked....he smiled....I smiled.......game over! He followed me out to the yard and introduced himself..... I was 18 he was 23. We talked all night under the glare of Russell and Danny must have picked up on it because he had thought all those dirty looks must have meant Russell was my older brother, so while I was looking for my friends to say good night, Danny made his was over to Russell to ask him if it was ok to take me (who he thought was his sister) home. I walked up at that very minute to hear Russell spew "She's not my sister, I thought she was my date!" I had to quickly disarm the situation, so I pulled Russell to the side and informed him politely, that I was not his date, that I had come to the party to get to know him better and I did and that if he wanted to he could call me and we could go out sometime.

I spent that summer dating the both of them......which wasn't hard to do.....Danny was temporarily working here in Chicago and would eventually return to New York and he rented a house just a few blocks away from Russell's house........Since I didn't even know my own intentions I spent time with both of them.

Continued tomorrow......Ü

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO NO COntinue it NOW~<beg

Anonymous said...

THAT AINT EVEN RIGHT!! LEAVE US HANGING LIKE THAT? I KNOW YOU DIDNT...........LOL!!
DO YA THINK YA MIGHT ADD PART TWO TODAY? CAN I GET A PRIVATE ALERT IF YA DO? LOL!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to your story, but naturally, mine went in a different way - considering that it was my past.  I am now into contact with an old flame and let me tell you: back then we were good together but people got in our way and so we split up, in our teen years. Maybe back then wasn't going to work out in the long run? The confusing part is that now we are 30 years later and we still have these feelings. I'm just confused if its feelings from the past or maybe we still have that flame burning.

Ah.. confusion~  

Anonymous said...

aahh the 80's , great memories !! Reminds me of the "house" parties I went to in 1981 - my senior year. Thanks for sharing
Ellen
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime