Friday, November 12, 2004

The Other Woman

This is the 'Other Woman" in my husbands life. He spends quit a bit of time with "Her" in the summer. I don't care for "Her" much. I don't care if red is "Her" color! it's my color too! There are times they go off for a weekend together and he spends his nights with "Her!"

Other times "She" sits in the drive way just waiting for him to come spend a little time with "Her", Often when I pass "Her" in the drive way, I want to give "Her" a swift kick to the tire that holds "Her" up in "Her" lofty esteem!

One of my daughters actually tried to get rid of "Her" for me, not really for me, it was an accident. She was trying to sneak past "Her" with my Husbands pick up truck, when she accidentally backed into "Her" and snapped "Her" off "Her" trailer and there "She" laid slumped over, a good 10 feet from where my Husband had left "Her." I think I actually saw him shed a tear for "Her" I secretly did the happy dance on the other side of "Her."

I live for the time I see "Her" tail lights exiting the driveway on "Her" way to the big white pole barn where all the "other women" in all the other marriages rest for the winter. I dread the day "She" always comes back to him.

There used to be "Another Woman a Different Woman" When I was told "She" would no longer be staring at me from the driveway, I was thrilled to death, with the thought of never seeing "Her" again. It was short lived though, "She" did leave my Husband for another Husband but it was only across the street, now I have to look at them both....... all summer long!  In the famous words of Herbert Morrison,  the American radio reporter, who is best known for his vivid description of the explosion and fire that destroyed the Hindenburg zeppelin........
Oh, the humanity!
lol lol lol






10 comments:

Anonymous said...

<LOL> I'm assuming he has a boat... but the picture isn't coming thru :(
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...


Great entry demandnlilchit but, now for the 'all important' question. When he spends nights away from home with her, does he ever return, smelling of 'fish'?

Uh-oh!

~Brian

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/Drift/

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!! I too, have a "HER", So I feel the pain....My hubby has two HERS. The truck, oops sorry the HEMI.... This was great!!!!!!!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! TOOOO FUNNY KIM! I GOT A KICK OUTTA THIS ENTRY. YOU ARE SUCH A HOOT!
THAT IS A NICE "HER"  THOUGH, :)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

LOL that was funny.  I liked the entry but can only imagine who exactly HER is do the fact that the picture wouldn't come up when I viewed the page.  I tried to right click it and show picture but it didn't work.  I liked the entry though.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh girl you out did your self on this one. It is sooo cute and you know good and well you would prefer this kind of her to another kind of her. Paula

Anonymous said...

cute entry i couldn't see the picture the first time i read it, so i thought the "her"
may have been a motorcycle like my husbands. in the summer thats his other woman, but you know i'm really glad he has her, then i don't feel guilty about my trips to the beach and outlet malls with my friends......

Anonymous said...

LOL! My Husband goes out on her every couple weeks!  Men and their boats!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

Super creative and a pleasure to read! Could just see the wistful look in your eyes as you gaze out that window to "HER".

Anonymous said...

Poor "other" woman. ROTFLMAO!