Saturday, November 6, 2004

Love ...the series part 8

For those that have just found this series you can start at the very beginning http://journals.aol.com/demandnlilchit/LifeasIliveit/entries/398/



Danny and I had spent countless hours on the phone during my 2 months back home, He was still working a lot of hours in Newark, New Jersey and decided to stay there during the week and come home to New York only on the weekends. He said he didn't like coming home to an empty house.

I had a blast catching up with my friends and my family, it was nice not to be the problem child anymore. I had turned 19 In February while we where living in Daytona and thought it was a great time for me to finally grow up. There is this thing that when you turn 18, society doesn't view you as a minor any more, but the only right of passage turning 18 boils down to is being able to vote, enlist and buy a pack cigarettes. There really is no difference in your maturity level from turning 17 to 18, but there is something that definitely feels different about being 19. I don't know maybe its feeling like you have at least 1 year now tucked under your belt at being a so called adult! lol

When my plane finally touched down in New York I was glad to be back and couldn't wait to see Danny after my long absence. And by the way, there is no getting used to seeing the Statue of Liberty up close, face to face on descending into Laguardia, it took my breath away every time!

While retrieving my luggage Danny informed me he had a surprise waiting for me, of course the little kid in me sprang forth again and was begging him to tell me now, but he kept telling just wait and see! He was so good to me as it was, but reminded me that being gone 2 months was too long as far as he was concerned. I could understand....for me it flew by because I didn't get a chance to be lonely, I always had some place to go, some people to see. He on the other hand, had to come home to an empty house. When we finally made it to the parking garage, my surprise was my new Toyota Celica......it was my very first car and I now had the freedom to go where I wanted to in New York while Danny was at work. Look out New York City here I come!!!!!!.....my first excusion by myself was to find Statten Island......I ended up in the Bronx and spent the day at the zoo! So much for finding my way around! lol

We spent the next 2 years, living in New York during three seasons of the year and still spending most of winter in Daytona after the holiday seasons where over, I flew home to Chicago a lot during that time, my homesickness was more and more prevalent. I had made a lot of friends in New York, but most of my friends were working during the day and there is only so much shopping and lunching with Danny's family members a girl could do. Spending time with Oma was out of the question! lol

My best friend from Chicago even came out to spend a few months in New York with me, Danny offered to fly her out but she was a wanderlust person like me and she said she rather drive and take in the sites. It wasn't until she arrived that I realized how lonely I had become living in seclusion in New York. I missed my family, my friends, my comfort zone.  Danny did everything right, he wasn't to blame for anything, but I found myself wanting to spend more and more time back home in Chicago during my flights back home and he was becoming more and more angry with my need to do that.

On my many trips back home we would spend more and more time fighting on the phone, he always wanted me back immediately and I always wanted to extend my stay. He even accused me of having someone here in Chicago that apparently I couldn't tear myself away from. He knew it wasn't true but he was frustrated with my wanting to be in Chicago instead of there in NY with him.

When the time came for my girl friend to leave and go back home, I decided to go with her, I even brought my dog back to Chicago this trip. We had a blast during our drive home, I was always happiest on my way back home. We got clocked in Ohio doing 100 miles an hour, the trooper of course let us off with a warning and warned us that if we were to get pulled over again anywhere in Ohio, this warning would come up and we would be ticketed. We just laughed and promised to slow down.

I was a few months away from turning 21 on this trip home and when Danny finally said during one of our many heated telephone conversations to come home, I quietly said, "I am home" and hung up the phone. The phone rang and rang all night, but it went unanswered, I needed some time to think and I felt he needed some time to think too.

Continued.........one more time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that I see an end in sight for Danny. aaawww I like him ! He bought you a dog, and a house !! LOL
Ellen

http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime

Anonymous said...

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOURE GONNA BREAK UP WITH THIS GUY? LOL! WELL, YOU SHOULD CAUSE JIMS IN CHICAGO! LOL!
BUT THIS STORY IS GETTING REALLY GOOD. ITS BEEN GOOD. BUT, I WANNA KNOW HOW YOU AND HE WERE TOGETHER, I MEAN, DID HE ROMANCE YOU LIKE JIM DOES, OR DID HE JUST WORK ALL THE TIME, IS THAT WHY YOU GOT SO HOMESICK MAYBE? I KNOW ALREADY THAT JIM IS THE ONE THAT WAS MEANT TO BE BUT AT THE TIME WITH DANNY COULD HE HAVE DONE ANYTHING TO HAVE KEPT YOU IN YOUR MIND?
I WILL BE BACK IN A LITTLE WHILE TO HANG OUT AND .........WAIT.........
OHHH!!.......
KIM.
P.S., DO YOU KNOW THIS IS AGONIZING KIM?????????

Anonymous said...

AND a CAR!!

Anonymous said...

Poor Danny... he did everything right, but sometimes that just isn't enought <sigh>. Waiting for the next chapter...

Anonymous said...

Gosh Danny would sure make someone a good husband, but evidently not you. Sitting here waiting for you to say it. Paula