Thursday, October 7, 2004

Where is Thumpkin?

I don't think fingers get enough credit, I think we all take them for grant it. When was the last time you really thought about the significance of your fingers? Let me break it down for you.

Starting with your thumb, It's universal if you want a ride somewhere, just stick it out on any street and either people will choose to act like they don't see you or they will stop and offer you a ride. Try picking something up without using your thumb, it's almost impossible to grasp anything without it. And on your hand it's the only one that has it's own direction, kinda like odd man out huh?

On to your index finger, AKA pointer and for some picker! lol We use it to draw someone's attention to something, you want something noticed just point at it. Just think of the fun you could have walking around and randomly pointing at things to total strangers and see the look on their faces! Are they pointing at me? Who is this person? What are they pointing at? It's also used as the major "tapping finger." And for some they think it makes them total invisible in their car, that nobody else can see the gross things one can do while alone in the car. I like to yell that out to those people,
"Is that your magic wand? do think that I can't see you when it's up your nose???" oh the fun one can have while out running errands! lol

And how about that universal "Mood Finger!" Wanna really get someone's attention just stick that finger up in someone's general vicinity and see what happens!
Warning
you could get hurt trying this so use general precaution! I think it's the longest finger just for this purpose!

Now on to the delicate ring finger, its the finger I always imagined the "big rock' on as a small girl, when I became the grown up single girl, it was the first thing, Ok second thing about any man who was paying particular attention to me. And yes the face was the first, not because looks matter to me, they don't..... but because mutual attraction does. And now that finger with its "rock" on it symbolizes my love and commitment to my Husband, my Happily Ever After and total blind faith in true love.

Last but not least the little finger AKA the pinkie! I am not sure of its function but at least it has had a ring named after it too! The "Pinkie Ring" Maybe it there to remind us of how small our hands once were.

Those fingers are important! We need them! What else are you gonna use when singing, "Where is thumpkin?" or "Itsy Bitsy Spider?" Just think how "stupid" those T-shirts "I'm with stupid" would be without those fingers! (I think I have had to much caffeine for today, whatcha think??? lol)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh heh yep, you've had too much coffee. <grin>

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!! My hands and my eyes are my dearest gift as a painter. My doctors and loved ones have always been especially careful to guard my hands. :):) judi

Anonymous said...

Very cute entry. I have just discovered how many things I use my thumb for since it has started hurting when I do simple things like flush the commode. Paula

Anonymous said...

YOU DON'T KNOW THE ALMIGHTY IMPORTANCE OF THE PINKY!!! Shame on you, it's used, silly, for when you want to look all high and mighty while you sip your cup of tea!!! It's also very important for typing. Lastly, you use it to scratch your nose when you don't want to use the wrong impression of the index finger (or, you know, you've already used your other fingers and the pinky is the last clean picker....ewwwww.....)!!!

There, I showed YOU!!!

LoL, I'm just goofing off D, just goofing off!!! Please don't hit me with Dorn's newspaper!!!

Blessings. :D

http://journals.aol.com/glopsblink/ATreasureTroveofGoodies

Anonymous said...

id be lost without my fingers, they are my whole work as a holistic therapist!!
id be in a bit of a pickle without em x
Jay x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/g1itterkat/OurBrood/