Monday, October 11, 2004

Weekend Warrior

OK, 40~somethingers must be gluttons for punishment, a few weeks ago while out at an outdoor wedding reception, I tried to party like when 1999 was in the far of future! It took me a few days to get over that, not only did we try to party all night we tried to dance all night, in high heels, at the beach!

So what did I put myself through this weekend? Well, they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, at this point I'll take death! lol Friday night while at the lake again, I partied in moderation, and Saturday I fished all day, not quiet little bobber fishing, the kind you cast and reel and cast and reel and when I did hook a fish, they were the most beautiful colored fish you can find in fresh water fishing..... Rainbow Trout! They don't give up without a fight let me tell you! Not one of them was coming in "reel" easy! ok..... pun intended! So I'm a little sore from that fight!

Not only did I fish all day Saturday, I tried skeet shooting for the first time Saturday night, 12 gauge shot gun, can you say ouch! So lets just say my right arm is "shot" for a few days, no pun intended! Not only did I not hit one clay pigeon, my 13 year old daughter who has never fired a weapon in her life, shot a damn clay pigeon on her very first "PULL!" She also did better with the bow and arrow later that night!

So now Sunday morning rolls around and what am I going to put myself through physically today? Horseback riding of course! After bring in all the horses from the pasture, bathing them, brushing them and then saddling them up, I decide to work with a horse that hasn't been ridden in a while.....Rocket Man....what was I thinking?

So now it's Monday morning and I can hardly move, walk or even stand up straight for that matter!  I have bruises in places I didn't even know I had! I have a pulled hamstring, so my husband informs me. If anybody needs me I'll be sneaking over to my neighbors house and living in the hot tub for the next few hours! Now If I can just crawl over there!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL,  sounds like you had a great time this weekend.  I bet the soreness and bruises were worth it.

Anonymous said...

If you make it through the pain, at least you'll have a good memory.  Damn, were you trying to be the WonderWoman of good times?

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

ohhh u poor thing! <<<< passes balm for aches and pains, was it worth it though?
Jay x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/g1itterkat/OurBrood/

Anonymous said...

Soreness aside, sounds like a great weekend.  I understand the aches and pains of being in the 40's.  My legs are killing me today because we painted the office Friday night.  Damn.  Are we getting :::Gasp::: OLD?  Hee!

~~Kath~~
http://journals.aol.com/dklars/SecretGarden

Anonymous said...

GOTTA LOVE YA!!
WHAT A WEEKEND. SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD SO MUCH FUN.
BE GOOD TO YOURSELF AND MAYBE YOU WILL BE READY TO GO AT IT AGAIN COME FRIDAY, LOL!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy it while you can, just wait until you get in your 60's. Splurge on a massage therpyist. Paula

Anonymous said...

Painful but it sounds like fun!  Now go get a massage and prepare yourself for the next round of fun and games ;-)
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl