Friday, October 29, 2004

Heard it in a love song

Oh how needy can I be that I couldn't just settle for love, it had to be big love, I had to be adored! How lucky am I to have that kind of love? When I need to be left alone he senses that and leaves me to my thoughts, when I need to be comforted, he comes to me with open arms and holds me. When I need to be told I am acting like a spoiled brat, he tells me that with love and gentle teasing, when I'm being extremely difficult he shows me the bigger picture without hurting my feelings........ Our love is unconditional. How can all this still be true after all these years together?

Do we have rough patches? We sure do! We are only human, but they are so small and insignificant compared to what we have that they can't take their toll on us. We see each others faults and love each other madly, it's easy to do when you look through the eyes of love.

One thing we have always done right, was to put each other first and foremost, we put each other first, even before our children, when not to long ago that was taboo! When one looks at the divorce rate of empty nesters, one can see the error of the old ways. Back then you always put the children first, in doing so you weren't nurturing the love that brought your two hearts together in the first place, so when the kids grew up and moved away, you no longer had things in common, the things you did have in common just moved out.

Coming into this relationship with kids and then having kids of our own, we are looking forward to being alone. When we talk about our future together, it's like the anticipation to Christmas to a child!
We talk of places we want to travel to, things we want to experience with each other, simple things like redwood forests, lobster houses on the East Coast, sun sets across the lake, views of the grand canyon, dips in the ocean, watching our grown children make their way in life and the arrival of our grandbabies!


To feel the butterflies still...... after all these years!

Songs of love
Annie's Song
John Denver

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kimberleigh, for your friendship and for sharing your love. judi

Anonymous said...

You are VERY lucky indeed!!  :)

Anonymous said...

FIRST LET ME SAY, YOU AND JUDITH HEARTSONG ARE ON THE SAME PAGE TODAY, LOL! YOU BOTH HAD LYRICS FOR A JOHN DENVER SONG IN YOUR JOURNALS TODAY. :) THATS PRETTY NEAT!
KIM, YOU ARE LUCKY .AND THE LOVE YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND HAVE FOR EACH OTHER IS RARE,. AND ALSO IT ONLY GETS BETTER WITH YOUR MAKING SURE THAT WHEN YOUR CHILDREN ARE GROWN AND ITS JUST YOU AND HE TOGETHER, YOU WILL STILL HAVE THINGS IN COMMON BY PUTTING YOUR RELATIONSHIP, THAT SPECIAL LOVE "FIRST AND FOREMOST".
YA KNOW, I CANT WAIT TIL YOU BECOME A NANA, KIM! I MEAN, I KNOW YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR CHILDREN, I JUST THINK YOU ARE GONNA BE AN AWESOME NANA, THATS ALL, LOL!!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

awww I love the song you posted. My mother use to sing Annie's Song to me when I was younger. She is the one that got me hooked on John Dever. I can remember when he died. I think it was the first time I had seen my mom cry. So thanks for the memories. Sometimes it is good to look back on the happy things in your childhood. Well I am going to pop in my John Dever CD and "git jiggy wit it" haha.

LAURA
http://journals.aol.com/dancingmuffins/Whenpigsfly

Anonymous said...

Hwello my friend....I have been having some major computer problems and it finally crashed yesterday and I had Compaq tech's on the phone for almost 3 hours last ngiht helping me get it fixed. So, I missed a whole lot and am trying to catch up.

I just want to tell you that I love this entry. You are wise in the ways of life and like me, I am sure you got that way from lifes curves, bumps and lessons of the heart. I enjoy erading your entries becasue they are nice and meaningful. I hardly ever hear(see) you write anything negative. I enjoy that.

I am so glad you have the kind of love you waited for. I try to tell everyone that is the kind I want and I think that is why i am still by myself. When I finally find it, I will always keep your words in my thoughts.

Cheryl
http://journals.aol.com/dvlwitgrneyes/Fortysomething/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome Love story begining again on a new journey Cool!.
  http:journals.aol.com/memedecarlis/INMYMIND/

Anonymous said...

It's true I have to admit.....That is the mistake I made the first time around, once my kids came i thought they were my main focus not my marriage, and it fell apart, for that and other reasons.

But now I that I have started over with someone new it's much different. Unconditional. We are always there for each other. I feel our relationship is stronger that way. I definatly learned from my old mistakes, I learned what not to do this time around.

Some 2 and a half years my fiance' and I have been together and we are still very very much in love despite those ups and downs. Yes that feeling of butterfly's, we both talk about how they are still there. And the future..Yes we do look very foward to being alone we can't wait to start our future even though it's a ways off without kids. But you said hit it right on the nose...it's like the anticipation to Christmas to a child! Very well said.

Love, it's such a beautiful thing...great entry...
Btw...funny thing is I just started writing in my journal about how Al and I first met. . we still talk about it to this day. sorry so long

Mish
http://journals.aol.com/bigalsbaby03/twistoffate/

Anonymous said...

Ponders on the word LOVE or to be INLOVE.
*shudders* - I've had many bad experiences.

But Love is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful entry. I'm glad you are looking forward to time alone again and not expecting to whine about empty nest. Paula

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry. Your "love story" sounds perfect. Good for you ! So nice to
see a relationship thrive in todays times. God Bless you both. - that song makes me cry !
http://journals.aol.com/eml625/Onedayatatime           Ellen

Anonymous said...

How beautiful!  So nice to find love again....
~JerseyGirl
 

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of My Marriage.Even after 10 years. He can walk in and I still get all googley eyed and my toes feel weak. People who do not know us Mention how nice it is to see newleyweds in love. We just laugh. To see us together you would not know we have been together 10 years.
Thanks for sharing.
Lil

Anonymous said...

I don't know what it is about that song ... I LOVE it ... it's one of those that I could listen to over and over ...


Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

Nice song.Took me back to the days of yesterday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful love you have! I am thrilled for you. I hope someday for my own.
~ Sue http://journals.aol.com/maidothemist/JustTheMusingsOfAWanderingind/;jsessionid=35302A35AFB59F4EAE7F3034DEB7DBA4