Monday, October 4, 2004

weekend assignment #27

Weekend Assignment #27: There are 12 months in the year. Which is your favorite? Give us one good reason why.



I would have to say June, the flowers have all bloomed, there are a few perfect nights, where the wind is warm and gentle and the bugs aren't out to annoy you yet. Its a night where memories of your youth are brought forward when you played hide and seek with your friends, or you took that long ride out in the country on the back of the bike or in the convertible. The days are warm but not over bearing the nights are for sleeping with your windows wide open. The excitement in knowing that winter is months away. It is the month I feel most alive.


Extra credit - May, the buds are on the trees, snow is but a memory and you have the promise of warm summer nights just ahead of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've sold me on the month of June... now its MY favorite month as well!  No, not really.... I don't think I could choose a favorite, there are so many unique qualities in the different months of the year that make each one a favorite to me for different reasons.  So I'm gonna have to take a F on this assignment.