Wednesday, October 27, 2004

AH HAH Moments

Funny how you remember every mean thing ever spoken to you and every profound thing too. I would like to share a few profound words spoken to me in my life, those were words that didn't need an explanation, those were more "AH HAH!" moments.

My parents were divorced before my Fathers death but still very much in love with each other. In fact, they were discussing getting back together after 3 years of being divorced when he died at the early age of 41. Since they were divorced and he was buried in a Catholic Cemetery and my mother isn't catholic I wanted to move my father's remains to a place where they could be buried side by side, My sister agreed with wanting this too, so I brought it up to my Mother during a discussion on living wills, funeral arrangements, etc., My mother turned to me and said,
" Your father and I are soulmate's, therefor it doesn't really matter where we are buried because we will always find our way back to one another"
That was an "AH HAH" moment for me.

When I was newly married to my husband he saw that I was unhappy about having to make sacrifices for the good of our family and when I was feeling a little bit selfish (Oops My Bad! lol) he said to me,
" If I could give you the sun and the moon and the stars I would, but right now all I have is "me" to give to you and I hope that "I" will always be enough for you" (And he has)....that was a "AH HAH" moment for me.

When my youngest, my Son who was only 3 and a half, looked up into the sky after a very bad storm and the sunlight was breaking through the clouds in streaks he said,
"Look Mommy! That is was GOD looks like! Do you see HIM Mommy? Doyou?"
That was an "AH HAH" moment for me.

With most women loving the child shortly after conception, I always asked my husband when he fell in love with each of the children which is/was usually more tangible, like when he held them for the first time and after literally just giving birth to my last child, I asked my husband when was the exact moment he fell in love with this
child and he said,
"When I saw the look in your eyes (mine) right after they told you that you finally had a son" was a "AH HAH" moment for me.

Everytime my youngest daughter sings in public, I have an "AH HAH" moment, that voice..... and that soul...... that child was given..... Everyone that hears her sings, knows that is what she was placed here on earth to do, for everyone that hears her as an "AH HAH" moment!



These are but a few "AH HAH!" moments in my life......I have had many more and I hope to have many more to come, and when I do I'll write about them too!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool... We all have ah-hah moments, but not all of us take time to think about them.

Anonymous said...

good ones...I need to concentrate on the good ones more often.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, how your life sounds like mine!  I know about how you feel about all those feelings that you pushed down deeo inside. My parents divorced when I was five. I thought it was because he didn't love me that he left. He joined the military so he was hardly ever in town when I was growing up. The alcoholic in my life was not my father, it was me. I'm sober now and have been for most of thirty years.
  Like you, God gave me a wonderful man too. He died in April and I know I will never be the same. But we go on, don't we.
  Keep writing and I will keep on enjoying your stuff,
 
                               lindamnchkin

Anonymous said...

Your "ah hah" moments are all so meaningful. You are a good writer. Thanks for sharing, Paula