Wednesday, October 13, 2004

The Dance

If I could slow dance the rest of my life I would die a very happy woman. Some of my best childhood memories are my father slow dancing my mother through the house softly singing to her. Those moments were magical for me as a small child. That is what I based romance on the rest of my life, that impromptu dance between lovers.

I have known my Husband for 23 years and I've belonged to him for over 18 of those years, our first date ended with a dance, our first kiss was while we were dancing. When he kissed me he took my breath away. I for once in my life was stunned into complete silence and he just looked into my eyes and laughed at my reaction then held me close until the dance was over. I don't think I took a breath until we were back in the car for the drive home.

This past summer while out at the lake and under the stars he danced with me again. It was one of those magical moments that I remember from my youth, all of our family and friends were there and for the first time our children were able to watch their parents dance. It was very much like our first dance, but this time we were the only ones dancing.......The look in my husbands eyes took my breath away like our very first kiss, he sang to me which is something he has never done before. Our children have always told me my husband has a beautiful voice, but he has never sang around me for me to hear it and here he was that night, dancing under the stars, in view of the other guests singing his heart out to me. That one moment meant everything to me........ If I loose memories of everything else near and dear to me, that is the one moment I never want my heart to forget.

Some of the best gifts in life are the simple ones........A favorite flower......an unexpected "I love you"....... an impromptu dance under the stars between lovers........a stolen kiss..........Starry Starry Night

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful treasure.
http://aol.journals.com/sistercdr/sortingthepieces

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was so touching.  I hope you told him how he made you feel...

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful memory and it should be one of many treasures kept in your heart

Anonymous said...

MMMMMM  Now that's what I call ROMANCE!!

Anonymous said...

ALL I CAN SAY IS,,,,HOW ROMANTIC.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

I love your journal... it is affirming. judi

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think this is wonderful how she will never froget her childhood memberies

Anonymous said...

Dear Kimberleigh~I loved this! How great that after twenty or so years he still can take your breath away! Blessings, Sassy

http://journals.aol.com/SassyDee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful relationship you two share and it's such a rarity anymore too.  I loved this entry.

Anonymous said...

I'm crying here.  I've found that same kind of love for the first time in my life.  I never knew it existed except on tv and to others.  Now here it is happening to me.  Isn't it a wonderful feeling?  I've waited 45 years to experience this.
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow...I love this entry.   You make me want to go be nice to Ole Boy!   lol
Kimberleigh....I hope with my last comment I didn't offend you.   I often second guess myself, and hope that I'm wrong.   If you don't know what comment I refer to, then I guess no offense was taken.    
I so admire your strength, covet your peace, and envy your attitude!    
~Meg
http://journals.aol.com/inquestoftruth/InQuestOf/
http://journals.aol.com/inquestoftruth/ALosingStreakFromFattoFixed2/