Monday, September 12, 2005

Under the golden moon.....

This past Saturday night at the lake, we had an end of summer bash and it was fantastic! Some of the best times are when things are impromptu as was this little get together. The night was warm, the moon was just a sliver of gold in the sky and the lake water was refreshing after dancing on the beach all night.


We are an eclectic group of friends, whose music tastes run the gamut of all genres. But Saturday night a radio station was playing all dance music and we had a blast!  Mind you this 40 something crowd was hurting something fierce the next day, but it was soooo worth it! LOL! Since it was so warm and we all worked up a good sweat dancing, most of us also ended up in the lake several times fully clothed and some not so fully clothed just to cool down. It was one of those night were you couldn't think of another place you would rather be.....at least I couldn't.


The kids had a great time to, we rented one of those jumping things, so the younger kids were all over that.....while the teenagers looked at us adults, with eyes a rollin'! LOL.... like we have all lost our minds.....we all knew that someday when they were our age and something like music took them all back to their own youth they would be dancing fools too! LOL! That is one of the perks about being an adult.....we couldn't care less how crazy we looked, we were having a great time!


I am often taken aback when I discover someone has a preconceived notion about me such as being a prissy girl who doesn't like to get down and dirty (Not in that sense of the phrase........minds out of the gutter please! LOL) They think just because my hair is always done, my nails are always painted and I wear make up (light) from time to time that I don't like to just...let my hair and my guard down and have a good time.....  these are usually people that were not from my childhood or my wild teenage years and think of my as some kind of soccer Mom......and that just makes me laugh......I didn't care Saturday night that I was having a really good hair day and that I just jumped into the lake or that my make up was smudged or that I woke up with a lot of sand in my bed....sometimes you just have to have fun! lol


It was a great night to put your worries aside and just "be" again....it was a great way to end the summer with and to remember sometimes you just have to dance you cares away! lol So what I'm still paying for it Monday morning.......like I said earlier...."It was sooooo  worth it!" lol lol lol

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when things like that happened. LAst night the husband and I danced for hours at a local restaurant on the water. I promised to let him lead, but of course I didn't. We just couldn't tear our selves off the moon deck where the moon was shining over the water and the palm trees were swaying gently in the breeze. The last time I jumped into water with my clothes on was last september. It was so warm that everyone was sweating and I thought what the heck, my long pants and long sleeved shirt will dry. I went in first, followed by the rest. We laughed about how the young people sitting around the pool (In bathing suits) just rolled their eyes at the antics of the old folks. By the way, I finally got your Mango Bango recipe- Equal parts of amaretto and rum in a juice mixture of mango, cocoanut and pineapple. Yummy!
Glad you had a ball.
Maryanne
http://journals.aol.com/globetrotter2u/Myfeelingsarereal/entries/1172

Anonymous said...

OOO!  SOO glad they didn't have a pool where I was partying Saturday night!...I'dda been a mess!  Looks like good times were had by all this weekend. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

Anonymous said...

letting the "inner child" out and run free is the way of giving the human spirit a refreshing bath!.......sitting here at your poolside..thanks for the splash!!    Marc :)

Anonymous said...

This was an awesome entry. Im glad you had such a wonderful time. And Im glad you shared with us its beauty.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had sooo much fun! Just think of the sand exfoliating your body as you rolled around in your sleep! Ha!

Anonymous said...

It can be kind of fun shattering all those preconcieved notions though, can't it? I'd much rather be multi-dimentional than a one trick pony any day of the week. Your time at the lake sounds magical, definately a night to remember by the sounds of it.
Tilly x
http://journals.aol.co.uk/tillysweetchops/Adventuresofadesperatelyfathouse/

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome night.... Glad you got to have a great 'end of summer' fling!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

    Good for you!
Jude
http://journals.aol.com/JMoranCoyle/MyWay

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This just goes to show you that life truly does go on after forty. Thanks for letting me into your enjoyable summer evening, you made me recall the days of my youth. Keep it up, and Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's great! I love to here about people having fun! We have to have it. I wish I could have been there! You make it sound like fun! You must have liked the Disco days. I remember the music of the 40's with the Big Band Sound and yes the 50's, I grew up with this music. Thanks for your Journal I really enjoy it.


                                                         Great Job,

                                                          Marsha  

http://journals.aol.com/lauff4me/MyWorldYourWelcometoit/

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great just to be yourself and say world take a hike! That is how I live my life too. We are still too young to not have a wild time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for describing your fun night in a way that I could also feel the wind in my hair and the sand between my toes and the music in my ears. Paula