Friday, June 3, 2005

My Guys

    myguys.jpg


 


Both have promised to be mine forever, one I know will keep that promise, and one will only be mine until he finds his own true love. There is something about that old saying about a Mother's bond with her son, just as I know the bond between a Father and his little girl, I was a Daddy's girl myself.

Another old saying is "A Daughter is your daughter all her life and A Son is your Son until he takes a wife" I know this to be true too, because I see how much closer my own Husband is to me and my family and how much he has pulled away from his own. I know that someday my Son is going to choose another woman over me and even though I know this is coming, it doesn't make it an easier to prepare for, right now I am thankful that he is only 13 and I will still have his heart for a lil while longer. All this has given me a better understanding of my Mother-in-law, She had 3 boys she had to love and then let go of, I used to love the power I had over her and now I understand her hold fast and I am sad that I too will experience this myself in a few years.

My Son still fascinates me with all this 'Boyness' It is through him that I appreciate a baseball game played well, the spiral of a perfectly thrown football and the planet around me....... Who knew a 5 minute lecture on earth worms would hold my interest as well as my heart when told with his voice and seen through his eyes. I already see the little girls swoon in his presence, I had a little girl probably 6 or 7 years old, come up to me at the lake and whisper with adoring eyes that, "Jimmy used her towel" to dry off with at the lake.....I almost couldn't suppress my urge to giggle out loud! He is so much like his Father, the other keeper of my heart that I often get emotional over stolen moments of just watching the two of them interact with each other in their own Father and Son moments. I know he is his Father's son but....... he will always be my baby.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Oh Lord i know exactly how u r feeling i have 2 sons of my own and as both r close to me my baby (he is 20.lol) is very very much a momma's boy and i to know my days as his number 1 r limited even though he says that will never happen but it will and it so scares me...................Robin

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm truly in awe of you and your writing.  It is so beautiful and well expressed that I feel exactly what you are saying.  I too have seen this phenom in my own husband and his mother, weird isn't it?  I have two boys that I'll one day have to let go and I know a small part of me will just die that day but I want them to be happy and to have that great love.  Thank you for always writing such beautiful pieces, you are truly gifted.  Brandy

Anonymous said...

They look so much alike. Two nice looking guys, but you knew that didn't you? Paula

Anonymous said...

they look so much alike,handsome ,both of them
Marti

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry.  I really enjoy your thoughts and feelings.  I also have 2 sons and know that losing them to a beautiful wife will happen some day.  It tears at my heart.  I am already seeing it happen with my 17 yr. old with his girlfriend.  
You have quite the men in your life!!  :)  Very Handsome guys!!
Michele

Anonymous said...

You are very blessed indeed!  Two handsome hunks of masculinity!  LOL Boy, I tell you some people have all the luck!!  :o)   They are lucky too, to have you!
Just call me: Aunt B