Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Don't go there! lol lol lol

I recently did an entry on this "One Word" thing that had been going around the board and the other journals that I read. It reminded me of a few weeks ago while sitting on the beach at the lake with not only my sister and my sister-in-law but several of our girlfriends, some new to the Ya-Ya Sisterhood of friends. Some had been drinking and some had not and one of them came up with a topic to discuss......."What was the first impression you had about me and what is it now?"

I sat back quietly and thought this can't be a good thing, a bunch of women sitting around and telling other women what they really thought/think about her. My lack of participation went unnoticed because there was no way I was going to open that can of worms, each woman was saying I want the truth, no matter what it is and I am a firm believer that the 'truth' is not always a good thing, I'm more of a "I like you in spite of what my interpretation of the truth is about you" kinda person.

Even the person with the kindest heart can have another side to them that I do not agree with, that is what makes each of us unique. And I think when you like someone and I mean really like someone, you can still not like some part of their personality and still be OK with that. You know what I'm talking about right? The Good, The Bad and the Ugly..... just don't ask me to comment on the ugly! lol

The Good I have no problem sharing with you, the Bad can be said tactfully and without malice to anybody but who really wants to point out one's Ugly or have their own Ugly pointed out to them! LOL When my lack of participation finally was noticed, by the Grace Of God my cell phone rang and it was a call that I needed to take, it was one of my older daughters! Talk about saved by the bell! LOL By the time I came back from taking my call the discussion had turned to something else.......whewwwwwww!

The rule of "ONE WORD" was less dangerous to me, arguments can't be made with one word, so I think if that topic every comes up again I am going to try to steer it to the 'One Word' rule! LOL With each of these women I have unconditional love for them that means all of them, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly..but like I said.........Don't make me name the Ugly! LOL And I have no desire to know what my own Ugly is anyway, the Good of course! The bad of course too otherwise how am I too grow as a person but Ugly? No Way! AndI am hoping that I have already exorcised (as in the exorcist) my Ugly a long time ago.........that is what therapy was for right??? LOL LOL LOL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes sense... !

:) Mel

http://journals.aol.com/domesticatedchic/SomethingLikeLifePartDeux

Anonymous said...

When I was about 14 teen . I had everyone hating me, I couldnt figure it out so about a year latter the same people , started licking me. I had not changed a bit so I asked" what did you see when You first saw me."?
They said I looked like I would kill the first person who spoke to me , but now that they know me I was very sweet "Hu? I never saw that in my self . I still dont get it !

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO. I so totally agree with this. I love my friends unconditionally warts and all but I am not about to always point out the bad boys, lol.  I think I would buy my daughter a treat for that save! lol Brandy

Anonymous said...

Saved By The Bell ringer of the Cell Phone..............................

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Yep... I avoided the one word thingy and I think I would have tried to avoid that one too! <LOL> I mean.. <shudder> I don't need Ugly!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Good entry and smart thinking on your part. This could have turned in to an all out free-for-all. Thats what my mama use to call a fight. Paula