Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Momma Bear

Often when I feel the need to write but I can't find something I can write about passionately, I go to the boards......I find something that sparks a memory, or an idea.......or find the inspiration that I need to make an entry. I found today's story in another fellow journal's blog about school bullies.


Rewind back to 1989, I'm a single parent of a 3 1/2 year old little girl, who I would surely give my life for. I enrolled her in the same preschool that my soon to be step daughter was enrolled at 2 years earlier. After the 4th day, this normally happy go lucky child, was reluctant about going to preschool now. After prodding her to tell me why, she told me there is a lil boy there who is mean to her and every morning after I walk out the front door he slaps her. I later found out that same day that the teachers have scolded him for this the first time he hit her....my BIG question was why wasn't I told about this the first time!!!


He hit her on her first day, then again on the second day where a phone call was placed to his parents, he hit her again on the 3rd day......it was the next day that she finally told me.......when I brought her into the school on the 4th day, I talked to her teachers, I talked to the School Director, I was assured that the matter was taken care of and that he would never hit my child again............WRONG!


This time the lil boy didn't even wait for me to walk out the door and right when my hand was on the door to leave.....I heard the "Crack" then as only a Mother knows....I heard the cry of my child!


In less than 3 seconds and after hurdling a few children sitting on the floor I got down to eye level with this child........I looked him straight in the eyes and said, "Touch my daughter again and I will beat the HELL out of your Mother" He never touched her again for the remainder of the 2 weeks it took me to find a suitable replacement preschool.


It was so UN-PC that it wasn't funny....but then again it got the result that the school, the teachers, the school director and obviously his parents couldn't get!


Signed,
Momma Bear..............lol lol lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

this reminds me of the time my mom chased down my sister and my school bus, after she caught it she jumped on it, and she yelled at the bus driver, then she found the kid that had been messing with me and my sister and got right in their face.  No one messed with me or my sister after that day

Derek
http://journals.aol.com/deveil/PictureoftheDay/
http://journals.aol.com/deveil/CelebrationofMyExhistance/

Anonymous said...

LOL!! PC OR NOT, I AM GUILTY OF THAT AND WORSE. MY SON'S TEACHER GOT SLAPPED. AND SHE DESERVED IT. GUESS SHE KNEW IT, SHE RETIRED SHORTLY AFTER THAT. ;)
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Too funny!  Way to beat the bully, Momma Bear!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

I swear every time i read you writing i for 1. feel like im there and 2. think to myself this woman has to be a long lost twin.....lol i have been reading your journal to a friend also and she always ask's this same question why hasnt that woman written a book

Anonymous said...

amen from another momma bear. judi

Anonymous said...

oh I would have slapped that little boy
you go mama bear!!
Kathleen