Tuesday, March 1, 2005

0 for 3

Has this ever happened to you........not only said the wrong thing once to somebody but several times not knowing of course until it was too late??  Oh well.......I guess if everybody liked me, I'd have to run for President of the United States.......good thing I don't have to huh?? lol


Let me set this up for you.......We are at a formal Dinner party at a friends house, She has invited her Sister's and Brother-in laws and a few other "couple" friends of her siblings......


Faux pau (1)
Some how the conversation during cocktails came up about entertaining at home and what a host expects from there guests....you know like you don't expect someone to go through your medicine chest in the bathroom, but apparently there are quite a few people that just can't help themselves while they are in there! lol My lil thing is even though I expect my family to remove their shoes at the front door, I WOULD NEVER ask a guest to leave their shoes at the door. My reasoning is if you are inviting someone to your home, you should make sure they feel comfortable at all times and some people aren't comfortable removing their shoes. Well, I guess it struck a cord with another guest at this party, lets call her Uptight Annie .....(oops my bad!) She says, "Well I ask guests to remove their shoes at the door because I HAVE WHITE CARPET" I'm thinking OK, but I still wouldn't ask my guests to remove their shoes.....a few minutes pass and I guess she still felt she had to justify to me why she has to do this so she follows up with, "Plus I have a stone driveway and there is always so much dirt and dust!" Now I'm politely smiling and STILL thinking, "Hey to each their own but I would still never ask a guest to remove their shoes" Uptight Annie seems to be put off by my silence to her reasoning.....Oh well!


Faux Pau (2) During the appetizer stage of this Formal Dinner, my Husband is going on and on over this Liver Pate and in his usual cajoling in trying to get me to try new foods, he's like come' on just try it, Nope not gonna.......just one bite.....nope can't make me......why?........Cuz I don't eat body organs......now everyone laughs but Uptight Annie.......why you ask.......cuz she's the one who made the liver pate appetizer!.........OOOPS MY BAD (again) 0 for 2 if anyone is keeping score......LOL!


Faux Pau (3) During dinner the talk with the men turns "Shop" and My husband works for General Motors so I'm kinda spoiled by getting a new suburban every six months...the hostess (my girlfriend) calls me a BRAT and asks me if I like my newest one....I say," It's OK, but it has blue interior leather seats and I just don't think blue and leather go together!"....it's just my personal opinion...not meant to offend anyone.....well guess what?..........who has blue leather furniture on her white carpet in her house that has a rock driveway who happens to eat body organs????........you got it.......UPTIGHT ANNIE


It's official.......I can't run for President of the United States
I am now 0 for 3.......Oh well, Life goes on! lol lol lol

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL....sounds like tons of fun! I take it Uptight Annie won't be inviting YOU over anytime soon!!!

:) Carol

Anonymous said...

Lmao sounds like my kinda day.....somedays you cant win for losing

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, consider yourself lucky... can't imagine what fun it would be to be friends with the likes of Uptight Annie!  (I don't do innerds either... I'll pass on the pate)

Anonymous said...

Although you wouldn't ask a guest to remove his/her shoes, I was brought up that it was the polite thing to do when visiting someone as the host is the one who have to sweep and mop and try to get the crap out of the carpet.  So, its just a gesture of respect in my family (although if its a formal occasion, I wouldn't).  In some cultures, the guest is to remove their shoes but the host(ess) provides slippers.  Wonder if Annie will show up for another party????  LOL!  Sheila

Anonymous said...

She has blue leather furniture on her white carpet? Can't imagine it. Can't visualise it. She should probably just take the next logical step and not let anyone into that room.
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

It is safe to say you will never be best friends with Uptight Annie...and that's okay!!!  JAE

Anonymous said...

LOL I love it!! I think we would have made good friends at that dinner party!  I too would have both feet in my mouth, heck, I'd have other people's feet in my mouth (haha lets not go there!)
Luv,
Promise
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/NoPromisesNoDemands/
http://journals.aol.com/promiseluv372/TheJournalJar/

Anonymous said...

<snicker> Well, you sound like me! Often I swear the only time I have my foot out of my mouth is to switch feet!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

hey, look at it this way...... if you had known what she was like ahead of time, it wouldn't have made things any better as there are probably minefields all around her......... I think you gave the old girl a run for her money.
Very funny story:):) judi

Anonymous said...

haha, I hate people like Annie, they ruin the fun for the rest of us
Blue leather...eh
Kathleen