Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Ceremony

The mornings in Jamaica are very still, no breezes, hardly any movement out in the ocean and still very humid. Melissa and Tony's wedding has been rescheduled for 10:00 a.m. giving them a little more privacy on the beach since the late night revelers are still sleeping if off and the ones that are in Jamaica to relax are still having breakfast, it's about as quiet as the beach can get.

At the last minute the 1st wife (Birth mother of the Bride) decided to include me on the getting the Bride ready for her wedding rituals and for that consideration I am thankful. It was while Melissa was getting ready that the 1st wife finally referred to me as Melissa's other Mother.........took 20 years but I finally got the props for being a good Step Mother. The 1st wife and I took turns helping Melissa with her hair and her gown and it was while just her and I were alone in the bathroom that she looked at me in the mirror and whispered she wished she would of just eloped like her Father and I did. It was another precious gift to me that I was still her confidant. For a minute I spied the little girl who used to love to play dress up with all her pretty pretty princess clothes. She looked radiant even if her nerves were getting the best of her.

When the time came for her Daddy to give his little girl away I was bawling like a baby........all the Mom's were. The ceremony was lovely, the words were lovely, the tears streaming down my new son in laws face were lovely.........His face said everything I needed to hear....he adores her.


First glance of his Bride coming down the walkway to the aisle.....


waitingforthebride.jpg
kmh 2006


Listening to the Preachers words on Marriage...........


ceremony.jpg
kmh 2006


The Wedding Cake................


weddingcake.jpg
kmh 2006


I'll post more on the day later..........Ü

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim, you have done it yet once again..............
Those pictures are lovely..........

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful - I still just LOVE weddings!
Ash

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, do you have one of her dress?

Anonymous said...

Beautful pics Kim. If I were there, I'd stolen that rose off the cake. LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad they made the last minute decision to change their wedding.....your pics are wonderful, very dramatic and sophisticated.  They look amazingly in love.....I'll admit it, I "teared-up" when I read that you were included in helping her prepare for her wedding!  What a wonderful gesture that you so rightfully deserved.  It's nice to know that the "ex" finally put what is best for Melissa first, on her special day!  Can't wait to see a pic of her wedding gown....and the continuation of this story.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...come on now you are being a real tease....we need a full shot of Bride & Groom  see them head to toe in all their glory.....Sandi

Anonymous said...

I am sooo smiling!!! It looks like everything was absolutely beautiful! You will never forget that little whispered comment. :) :) :) Off to read more!

Anonymous said...

PS- the bride is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos and nice journal. When you photograph people, try stepping back a bit and zooming in on your subject in portrait mode (if you have it) to blur the background.

Anonymous said...

did ya sneak in any photos of the X bitch, I mean wife?!  LOL  beautiful place where they got married and beautiful couple!  

Anonymous said...

the look on his face when he saw her made me misty
Marti
http://journals.aol.com/sunnyside46/MidlifeMusings