Friday, February 4, 2005

Family Trip to Niagra Falls

Americanfalls.jpg


 


A few years ago my family and I took a trip up north to visit our neighbor.... Canada. We traveled through Michigan to get there, then across Ontario on our ways to Niagra Falls.....I'm a sucker for Mother Nature and this is trully one of her masterpieces! I was overwhelmed at the size of these cascading waters!


If you look in the right hand side of the picture you will see 2 red dots, in between them is a group of about 50 people (yellow rain ponchos), I hope this gives you an idea of the size of the American Falls side of Niagra falls( The Canadian side has the horseshoe shaped falls). At night these falls are lit up from a building on the Canadian side of the falls that reminded me alot of an old fort wall. We stayed on the Canadian side of the falls with a breathtaking view high atop our hotel of the whole area, at night we dined at a place that with floor to ceiling windows and table side panoramic views.


This summers family trip is built around seeing Mother Earth from the inside out, after a family reunion on my Husbands side in Kentucky we will be taking a trip to Mamouth Cave to go exploring in and around the caves and hope to be told about a few more things in that area that are a must see. Then on our way to Nashville and then Memphis. These last two areas are by my lil ones request....Rachel wants to see the Grand Ole Opry (She's the aspiring Singing Cowgirl) and Jimmy wants to see Graceland ( at 12 he's a huge Elvis buff ) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I've visited the falls, and you are right, they are magnificent!! We went during the day, and then returned at night to see them lit up. I recommend that everyone see them both ways!  

I was born in KY and have been to Mamouth Cave many times... Be sure you do the guided tours! (I'm assuming they still offer them as I haven't been there in about 20 years <g>). They also offer some amazing views and sights! Enjoy, and we all look forward to seeing what your 'camera eye' sees!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Ah, now I am lucky to call that home. :) Lovely picture.
~Sooz