Saturday, May 27, 2006

Busy Weekend!

Oh Yes! Summertime is upon us! The one thing that I do love about living in the Midwest is all seasons are visual. We have heat and green all summer long and just when I am getting sick of all the heat, we have a beautiful sometimes warm/sometimes cool autumn with the changing colors of the trees, and when I'm getting ready to get into my hibernation stage we get cold and snowy days which makes hibernation easy to deal with and then just when I've had enough of cold and snow, spring comes along, with its warm and sunny days, a few thunderstorms thrown in ( I love thunderstorms!) and all the new colors of spring emerge. I often wonder if I ever moved to another climate would I miss the changing of the seasons?


Memorial Weekend always kicks off summer with a bang! Last night the family along with other friends and families went to the stock car races. I don't enjoy them very much, but Jim and my Son do so I go along to to watch them enjoy themselves. Today everyone is getting together and going boating out on the river about an hour away from me, I couldn't tell you the name of the river, I just show up and have fun (DH just informed me it's the Illinois River). Tomorrow we are having a our Memorial Day BBQ party out at the lake and the beach was officially opened last weekend and then Monday is a bon fire and fish fry at the lake! So right now I'm thinking Tuesday is gonna be a jammie day, a stay home and recover from a very long weekend!


Hopefully I will get a few good photo's to post on my blog later! I had my camera last night but didn't take one shot........did I mention that they had funnel cakes at the races?? I LOVE FUNNEL CAKES!!!!! lol lol lol


Don't forget to honor our Vets this weekend and say a little prayer for those men and women who fight to let freedom ring and give a lil prayer to their families who keep the homefires burning while they are off defending this great nation!


Have you thanked a Vet today??  Thanks Mom!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend you have planned.  I hope you enjoy it.
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I do envy you Kim, living someplace where you have all four seasons.  I have always thought I'd love to live where they have all four.  But noooooo......somehow we ended up in Tx. and put in roots! (ha)  Guess I'll just have to be happy with visiting those places....I hope you have a great holiday weekend, sure sounds like you have wonderful plans made.  Bet ya will need a jammie day by Tuesday!

Take Care,
~Bilinda~

Anonymous said...

What Race Track do you go to ????
We have a quarter mile asphalt speedway here..........

Anonymous said...

h