Monday, June 18, 2007

tests and more tests! lol

I went to the hospital to have my Thoracic CT Scan of my chest today to see if the chemo drug I am now taking orally every other week is doing what it suppose to do.......SHRINK MY TUMORS! lol
From what I was told the largest tumor is the size of a walnut and after my first round of the Xeloda it did show signs of shrinking even though my cancer markers were up that week and I needed my first lung tap...the good news is that it did shrink in spite of the other results....both Dr. Serious and I were both pleased with that result considering he isn't as concerned about the dried up pea sized tumor in my head or the lesion that was spotted on my spine. He main concern is clearing up my lungs...So I will see him this coming Thursday to get the results.....still waiting for my intuition to kick in before I see him....I'll post my intuition as soon as it comes in and see if it's right so far it's been very accurate...woman's intuition.....just another thing I love about being a woman! lol lol lol

They also did another tumor marker test and the usual CBC's.........I'll get those results the same day........so I'm hoping for a huge change in my lungs and that my tumor markers are down....then can you say...CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON! lol lol lol I'm not sure how I will be if the news isn't good, but I know I'll end up saying...........ok, next new chemo...... BRING IT ON! I have to admit Saturday was a really bad day for me, I was weak and tired and slept most of the day away while out at the lake and still managed to sleep through the night...I'm listening to my body and when it says rest I DO NOW! lol It was also a very weepy day for me and I did have a small pity party for one...not to bad considering that cancer has been living in my body for a year now and I've only had 2 pity parties.....The first round of chemo that I started last September until January which was the AC & T which makes you so ill that you almost want to die and this past Saturday......I couldn't even smile.......I'm just glad that Sunday I was back to my old fiesty self and today I'm just a lil tired....so nap time it is!

My radiation burn is almost gone without any scarring.......but I wouldn't care if there was...that's what bangs are for and I'm still alive and kicking.....can't get better than that!


Love,
Kimberleigh


Just came across a new blogger, if your into true life crime stories check him out....gotta love Brooklyn! lol


http://journals.aol.com/ecdetect/memoirs-of-a-new-york-private-de/


28 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am holding my breath, keeping my fingers crossed and saying prayers always for you...
God bless and keep His Holy Light shining on you...
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Thursday, Kim.  

Viki

Anonymous said...

You are such and inspiration to so many woman, it's simply amazing to me.  I can't beleive everything your having to go through, just so complex.  I'm proud of you, your a true blue FIGHTER!!!!
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

My fingers are crossed for you!! I've been praying up a storm for you to make that ugly cancer go POOF!

I wouldn't worry about having a pity party...Sometimes, all a person can do is have a good cry and get it out before marching on!

Love and Hugs,

Jenn
http://journals.aol.com/icewitch96/JennsWorld (private now, email me if you want to be added)

Anonymous said...

Kim, always are you in my thoughts and prayers for good news...when you see Doctor Serious on Thursday if you haven't mentioned Radio Frequency Ablation to him please do.  You keep hanging in there dear, we all care about you.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

All these prayers are sure working...I am sorry you felt so down on Saturday..but even our Warior needs a wee down occasionaly   Praying for GREAT news on Thursday  Much Love sybilsybil45

Anonymous said...

Another good thing about being a woman is how strong we are!  Power and kudos to you for your strength.

Anonymous said...

Another good thing about being a woman is how strong we are!  Power and kudos to you for your strength.

Anonymous said...

I am holding my breath for good news.
Can you tell me what a lung tap is?
Love,
Marti

Anonymous said...

You're really pretty amazing.  Has anyone told you that lately?
MJ

Anonymous said...

{{{ Kim }}}  I am glad that everything is moving forward in a good way!  I will praying very hard for you to get news on Thurs!!!

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

I will be keeping my fingers crossed and prayers going up for you. Linda

Anonymous said...

I have never been bothered by my scars. I just feel they are proof I survived! Good luck next week. i will be traveling to TX to see my new grandbaby but will of course carry my lap top along, (like it was life support!)

Anonymous said...

Good news, Kim, I'm very pleased for you. Keep spirits high!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I just love your positive attitude, even thought your pityparty surfaces once in a blue moon....You're always in my thoughts & prayers~
I'll check out Mr. Brooklyn....Ü
~Marie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Dried up pea sized tumor. Did you make that up?  I'd hate to see what you say to Jim when you get mad ;-)  ~ Mary

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

have a good week:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I will be right here to celebrate with you Thursday. Get some rest so we can all dance the night away!
Hugs
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Thursday.  I will be here celebrating with you.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers.  Keep your head up.  Again, I will say that you truly give hope.  Thanks for that.  Hugs.  Tish G.

Anonymous said...

I'm wit you Boo Boo! Positive thinking goes a long way and so does listening to your body.  That is the 'Big' secret of all time.  Sleep well and...   Good luck on Thursday. ((((hugs))))   Jeanie

Anonymous said...

wow, i no this will sound weird but im just a 12 year old girl. i ran acrross your profile. I bet u r a real inspriation to everyone that is living wit breast cancer. i like ur blog alot and i wish u the most luck.
                                                        bye bye

Anonymous said...

don't be down on yourself when you just can't go any longer for a short time....you are doing great and it's ok to slip a lil sometimes...it's only human....the important thing is that you don't stay there!!!
gina

Anonymous said...

h