Tuesday, December 28, 2004

It's still happening.....yikesssss!

My seasonal clocks must be off, just a titch....I have been doing spring cleaning in the winter.......at first it started off gradual a few new throw rugs here and there.....then a new runner for the bedroom hallway.......then some clean demon took over me today and I emptied all my kitchen cabinets! In the very top of one I found baby food jars.....my baby is 12 years old!!!!!!!!! I guess it's been awhile since I straightened out my cabinets.

I found I had way more lids to Tupperware than I did the actual Tupperware dishes, so I tossed them out. Then I hit the big pots and pan cabinet, like I need a roasting pan the size of Cuba! so I widdled that cabinet down to a highly organized cabinet! I then tackled that Mount Olympus pile of paperwork and threw out and/or shredded that down to a small stack (memo to self pay some bills...will ya! ) LOL

I then emptied out the shoe bin (old toy box) in the bottom of the hall closet and found tons of my children's shoes 3 sizes to small for them now, also hit a few hampers and now I have a ton of stuff to donate (Amvets please call soon!) and as from my earlier entry you read about my Christmas Wish list........kitchen gadgets! Yikessss! It's like I'm nesting or something! Heaven forbid my tubal ligation gives out on me now!!!!!! I couldn't even imagine adding to my family at this stage in my life..You know you have to sign a hold harmless on those operations...they aren't 100% guaranteed! And the doctors don't want to be sued by some mid-life psycho woman who just found out she's pregnant (again) My last two children are only 10.5 months apart.....Yup I was only un-pregnant 7 weeks between my last two lil darlings.......Thank God they are now 12 and 13! I think I'm still in shock over that one! lol

OK back to work for me.........I'm taking down the Christmas stuff already.....I hate when my Living Room isn't just right! I'm taking full advantage of this lil power burst cuz I know it won't last! lol lol lol

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GIRL, I AM DOING THE SAME EXACT THING. DONT ASK ME WHY! I NEVER START CLEANING THIS EARLY IN THE YEAR. LOL! WAIT, THATS LATE IN THE YEAR, RIGHT?
YOU GAVE ME A GOOD IDEA FOR SATURDAY, AND THATS GONNA BE A MONSTER,,,,,CLEANING OUT MY KITCHEN CABINETS AND THOSE GRANNY KETTLES THAT I AM SO USED TO COOKING IN.  EVEN IF ITS JUST THE TWO OF US INSTEAD OF SIX, LOL!
HAVE A BRIGHT AND SUNNY DAY MY FRIEND!
KIM.

Anonymous said...

Sit down... take your temp... step slowly away from the cleaning supplies <LOL>!! I do this... I'll all of a sudden start tearing closets apart and reorganizing them and stuff. Thank goodness it doesn't last <bg>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

Dang Girl! It must be contagious. I cleaned my entire condo on my knees with a brush and a bottle of resolve. I'm forever spilling coffee, and the normal debris that comes in on little Gerbie paws...the only difference is, I KNOW I'm not pregnant...rolf!

take it easy  :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays!
Hope you get everthing done soon!  
~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

have ureself a minute girl!!
keep well hun, wishing u the best for the New Year x
Jay xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/g1itterkat/OurBrood/