Saturday, November 18, 2006

My Magical Mystery Tour......lol

Dear Cancer,

Ok, so you were able to sneak into my body and cost me a few days in the hospital and cost me a few lymph nodes and my left breast! In actuality, in the bigger scheme of things, it is really no big deal to me....Having that surgery saved my life and gave me more time to spend with those I love..is there really anything more special than that?? I don't think so and I am sure I am not alone in my way of thinking either...... So Cancer, I am getting my life back and you got a boob......big deal....anybody get a boob these days! lol lol lol

Oh and Cancer? I was wondering how you liked my lil friend called Chemo.....now even though he is doing a number on me....he's really gonna do a number on you! So prepare for you untimely death (to you) and not soon enough of your death to me! How's that feel, to have something trying to take away your existence? Not much fun is it!!!! So if this is all you got.......chemo and me....yes I said me...........wins!

Dear Chemo,

Now I know you are in here in my defense....but could you just be a little kinder? a lil gentler? I mean for God's Sake.....Don't you think my plate is a lil full already?? Cancer, teenagers, the DH's first wife who calls every few weeks to see if I still have a pulse as if she still has a chance??? lol lol lol

Let's see since I've become up close and personal with you I've been dehydrated, I've passed out into walls, sores in my mouth and down into my esophagus and not to mention I've been so constipated that I now have a new visitor in my life called Mr. Hemroid and made my walking quite comical for those that saw me do the BUTT SCOOTIN BOOGIE for a few days 2 weeks ago and what did you bring me this time?? why swollen inflamed feet of course....so now your messing with my total mobility?? I have spent this last week on my back in my  "I'm so sick of my bedroom" bedroom having to have help just getting to the bathroom or crawl when I have had to just to do a basic body function.....my patience is starting to wear a lil thin I should say! Oh and let's not forget to mention the allergic reaction to the meds they gave me for my feet in the form of HIVES! and that lovely reaction some women get to certain antibiotics which will be left anonymous.......so could you cut me some slack these next 4 rounds of chemo, you know the TAXOL? Because the only thing all this is really doing... is starting to get my IRISH TEMPER up and that only makes me stronger....or was that your main objective anyway?? lol lol lol I admit I have shed a few tears and this past week I finally had my huge melt down that people have been expecting and waiting for me to do......still don't know how I feel about that but....today is a new day and I'm ready to do battle once again!!!! So bring it on!!!!! I'll just need a bigger stick this time! lol lol lol

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I know for a fact that that Irish temper will save you because nothing can surpass an Irish temper!  You are in my prayers!  Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You go girl! Tammy

Anonymous said...

Can be short on this, Kim: I know it's rotten, but there's no alternative. Stick with it!!!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You tell em!!!!  Keeping ya in my prayers Kim!
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/bamas-country-photos

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that warrior attitude comin out again!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Between the (not so nice) chemo and the very nice J-Landers, praying for you, rooting for you, giving you mental strength, how can you not beat this thing. We'll help provide sticks if you want.  Love you, Caroline
http://journals.aol.com/caromarls/ANewAdventure

Anonymous said...

your strength is an inspiration.
you keep fighting, kim!
hugs,
heather

Anonymous said...

<sigh> Sometimes the cure is almost as painful as the disease! Still, it is temporary and much preferable to the alternative!! Hang in there, kid.... your on the downhill slide now!!

Anonymous said...

so cancer got a boob.  now you can buy the boobs you always wanted.  LOL  I have been watching too much Dr 90210.  LOL

glad you have your sence of humor!

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Gad damn that nasty cancer and that horrible chemo!  Why can't they just give you a reaing BREAK already!!  They have no right screwing with you...so they had better just go back into their corner of the world and leave you the hell alone!~!~~


So there!

((hugs))
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

you tell'em Kim! I hope you start feeling better soon. It sucks being sick, especially around holidays. love you and thinking of you always!

Anonymous said...

{{{{Kim}}}}   It's okay to have meltdowns.  It releases tension that's been building up.  Makes you stronger to fight.  Even if you do have to fight on your hands and knees, wriggling and squirming to scratch what shouldn't itch.  Just think, if you feel this bad, the cancer feels even worse - I bet it's long gone!  It was stupid to pick a fight with you!!  Keep up the good fight!  - Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of writing Cancer a letter.  Hang in there.  You're on the downhill side now!
Pam

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

We are all praying for you!!!!! You will beat cancer!!!!
Betty

Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!! I'M IRISH TOO, AND YOU DON'T MESS WITH NO FIGHTIN' IRISH WOMAN, LET ME TELL YA!
DON'T YOU WORRY KIM, YOU AND GOD'S GONNA KICK THAT CANCER'S ASS WIDE OPEN!!!!
LOVE YA,
CARLENE

Anonymous said...

Writing a letter is such a good way to express your thoughts and feelings.  And you always do it so WELL!!  Please know that you are in the prayers and hearts of many, and that we are all here cheering loudly for you as the battle rages on.  Hold tightly to that strength of yours.  

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

My family has a history of breast cancer... every one that has gotten it has beaten it down with a GREAT BIG STICK... we can certainly lend you ours!  My Grandma is 15 years cancer free and my aunt is 14 years cancer free.
::GREAT BIG HUGS TO YOU!:::
Missy92980

Anonymous said...

You just keep kicking, there's only one loser around there and it's not you.

Not long to go now! Normality is just a short distance ahead.

Linda x

http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindaggeorge/GeorgeMansions/

Anonymous said...

You Rock girl!!!
Give it all you got, and the loser wont be you in the end. I know all too well what your going through, not easy at times, but we always find that figting spirt deep within us. Keep up that spirit, and show who is the strongest one. Thinking of you as I go through the same type of mess with the side effects of chemo...Hugs and Love Riss

Anonymous said...

Being Irish too, I can tell that you are strong minded and determinated.    You are a true champion and will beat this too.
Dawn      http://journals.aol.com/adlessor/ACoupleofNomads/      

Anonymous said...

Sorry you have some down days.... but it seems like you have a handle on it!!!! You are always in my heart and prayers!!!! http://journals.aol.com/shayshaydc/Golfaholic
Sharon:)

Anonymous said...

You just keep that positive attitude Kim, you're a true inspiration to anyone going through a health problem.  

You keep that stick handy and beat that cancer away.  You'll succeed as my mother-in-law Dot did. Dot had breast cancer in 1975 and enjoyed 25 nice years before passing at 88.  My darling Sis Mary Ann has had breast cancer twice and kicked it both time as have several of my dear friends also.  You'll do great day. Keep that great "Irish Temper" dear. Bless you.......Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Meltdowns are allowed. You can even get a little psychotic if you wish, you've earned the right. Fact, feel free to just come over and cuss a bit if you feel like it. Bet that would feel pretty good too.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Got to figure this stuff has got to be strong enough to kill the bad stuff...and in the end it curls your hair.  My friend went through this years ago, she went from straight hair to all curly...she said it was a hell of way to get a permanent. LOL...hang in there babe, better times coming....love  Sandi http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

That is ALOT to deal with...Iam surprised you havent had a meltdown yet...My girlfirend..cancer survivor for many years...Well, she had run marathons, active vegan gal and that chemo was brutal for her...Yes, she too and YOU will live long...but this chemo thing is rough....totally surprises anyone whose lived a life being strong...thank goodness the season isnt forever....sorry to hear about all of it....so much this week...so much to bare...my heart is with you and your family.....Your strong enough to even share your story with us....heck, the loner in me would be hibernating...I respect you greatly....-Raven

Anonymous said...

Just hugging you. :)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Kim....What an absolutely brilliant entry......so positive...yet amusing.
I admire you so much for your never ending strength

Hugs
Jayne