Saturday, January 22, 2005

Over scheduled and a stuffy nose

 
Today is going to be a very busy day for me, and of course I woke up at 3:00 am with a stuffy nose and a headache. We were bracing ourselves for another significant snow fall but it looks to only be about 5 inches and temperatures in the 50's early next week should get rid of that soon enough.
 
I have found this amazing candle company that blows the competition out of the water! It's called Gold Canyon Candle Company Gold Canyon Candle Company, LLC <~~~ Link. Partylite has gone downhill over the last few years and even the over priced Yankee Candles can't touch these candles. I buy the largest jar, it runs about $14 and that one candle fills my entire house (3 levels) with incredible scents, my fav so far is Mountain Air, its a paraffin wax candle that does not burn hot, it is lead free wicked and comes in the most delicious scents! I am picking up a few today for gifts for up coming birthdays, so I am having coffee with the girlfriend that sold me on these candles this morning, then my youngest daughter has an audition for an upcoming winter carnival where if chosen she will be part of the entertainment for the 3 day event, she has hair raising talent that kid and when she starts to sing EVERYONE stops what they are doing and gets lost in her melodies and when she is finished, it's always to thunderous applause and kudos for Mom for birthing her of course! lol and I get to stand in her light for a few minutes, usually with tears of Mother's pride streaming down my face. (some day I will figure out how to get a sample of her in this darn journal! lol)
 
Then later this afternoon I have a Pampered Chef party to go to, good timing considering I'm still in the throws of my cooking mania. Then my evening will end at a friends surprise 40th birthday party at the club house at the lake, I'm hoping for clear skies tonight because after this new snow fall the lake should look beautiful bathed in the blue of the night sky and I canget a few good shots to share later. I'm exhausted just going over today's plans......Maybe I'll need a few expresso's to get me through it all! lol Over scheduled and a stuffy nose

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Candle link --We love candles <g>.... Is this the only place to buy them, or do they sell in retail stores?? Just curious... I'm on my way to the link now to check it out and save it in my favorites <g>
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

Anonymous said...

As I am reading your entry I am burning a Party-Lite candle, apple spice, and thinking how over-rated they really are, only to see a link to a better product.  Thank you!   That was wierd........ Beth-Ann http://journals.aol.com/rwsgirl2029/ItsMyLilWorld

Anonymous said...

I never got into Partylite. I thought their stuff was way overpriced. I'll have to check out the other. Thanks for the link. :-) ---Robbie